• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do you know about box vans / trucks?

I just bought a couple old brochures especially from the years 87 and 88 to verify that carburetor -> efi thing but also to get even more information. :)

Why do these things weight significantly more than two 69 chargers? I don't get where all the weight is at on these things. :D
All the weight is in the massive frame to hold over three tons of load, plus the suspension and dual wheels to go with it. An E350 van by itself is about 5400 pounds, so modifying it with the cargo cube box and reinforcements all adds up.

Not mopar related but i'm currently trying to find out technical specifications of these typ of vans/trucks
and if you are allowed to drive them with a regular drivers license (up to 3.5ton) here in germany.

1992 GMC Vandura G3500
View attachment 1280591

1987 Ford Econoline E-350
View attachment 1280592

Since its just a cab and a box (probably aluminum) on a frame i would think they are way under 3.5ton but not sure.

I like the box overhang over the cabin on these things.
Makes it look cool. :)
Are you making enquiries because you plan on smuggling a heavy load across a border somewhere?

Just curious. :poke:

:)

Are you making enquiries because you plan on smuggling a heavy load across a border somewhere?

Just curious. :poke:

:)

If you're talking about the ukraine, no i'm staying out of this whole thing.
I'm just thinking about buying a large van to gain free storing space and easily transport large and heavy items.

Here are the tags posted in my 99 E350. Good for about 3300 lbs of cargo.
IMG_20220507_190528.jpg
IMG_20220507_190838.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back