• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what do you think about this charger ? can i buy it ??

acii

Local time
3:22 PM
Reaction score
Hello again

i do have a Pretty reasonable Option to get a 1968 charger….

Unfortunately the car is located very far away….. so i cannot just go by and checking the car.

So i hope you can give me some Feedback based on the Pictures which i got from the seller..

All the pics see here…. (the Quality is not that good) :

https://share-your-photo.com/73a032f9cf/album

The car needs a fully restoration , but the hard work is half way done…

Parts which still have to be replaced ...

- floor panel
- outer roof skin
- inner front fender

All the Panels / spare parts (AMD) are already included …..

So i am really curious About ur feedback

Big thx and regards from Germany
Achim

I guess it would depend on how much.

The car looks like a decent builder,with most of the parts needed to restore it. If you car buy it for a fair price, I would definitely grab it if I were you!

Hy all

the seller wants to have something around 24,000 Dollars....
Here in Europe the Prices are very high for chargers….

the car has been sandblasted / trunkfloor and Wheel houses are replaced..

Missing parts are…. front windshield and seats (Front / rear)…. all the other parts are there.. (440 big block and Manual trans are included)

CU
Achim

Don't see a lot of rust from in the USA. Price sounds kinda high, but what is shipping from anywhere to you? Have to factor that in, IMHO.

that's gonna be one expensive charger..... I guess thats what it takes to have American muscle in Europe...

I’d take it for 15-20k. You’re going to likely have a bare minimum of 30k on top of that to fully restore it. Seats are going to be very hard to locate. If you’re lucky to find them. You’re likely going to have 2-3 grand tide up in the seats alone. Looks like a very solid car, though.
Does the engine currently run ?

i looked at all the pics at least 3 times..i dont like it..
why does the back of the car look twisted?
and it still needs floor pans a roof patch and an inner fender?

i think youd be better off buying a complete car for more money and be done with it.
this looks like you would be upside down ( moneyswise ) in the car 15 mins after you bought it.

I know of a 69 that someone has up here. He has 50gs into it just in sheetmetal replacement. Not including the price of the 318 car. And its still a bare shell on wheels it requires everything. Drive train, interior, glass, body completed and paint , chrome. So what your showing doesnt look like a bad deal. .

I would not buy anything without a set of eyes on it, unless you're willing to throw away money. ( For example, I once checked a Chevy nomad for someone. Looked good in photos, I told them it wad loaded with Bondo and it was clipped. I saved them a load of $$$$ )

i looked at all the pics at least 3 times..i dont like it..
why does the back of the car look twisted?
and it still needs floor pans a roof patch and an inner fender?

i think youd be better off buying a complete car for more money and be done with it.
this looks like you would be upside down ( moneyswise ) in the car 15 mins after you bought it.
I agree with this theory. If you’re planning to spend that kind of money soon to totally restore it. You’re better off buying a restored car. But, sometimes people buy cars like this that allows them to obtain it now and slowly put money into it over the years as they obtain more money. Depends how deep your pockets are.

That car looks like it was set on fire and left in a field to rust. If it was here in the states, I would pass on it, but there is a larger supply of Chargers over here.
The passenger side frame rail in front of the T-Bar crossmember looks suspect too?

I would buy a nicely done and running car in the states and have it shipped to Germany.

Don't see a lot of rust from in the USA. Price sounds kinda high, but what is shipping from anywhere to you? Have to factor that in, IMHO.

That's because all of the rusted panels have been replaced already & by the sounds of it, the car must have been a rot box. I'd be afraid to buy a car like that (especially sight unseen) for fear that it's a poorly put together hack job.

I'd pass unless your wanting a black hole for money. SRT8 and go have fun for less IMO

As someone noted, finding the correct seats, even if you can, will set you back big time. I would also worry about a car that has a bunch of metal work that I couldn't inspect before buying. Could be some surprises waiting. If the motor is original that would be a plus, but 24K seems about 6-8K high to me.

It what do you want to spend for and how much do have to put in and it should be how long do you want for a turn to drive it

Auto Transport Service
Back