• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What exactly is wrong with AMD 68-70 b body rear windshield

So what ever became of your AMD glass? Did you get a refund? sell it? Throw it away?
I returned it over a year after buying it and National Moparts gave me my full 600 +/- canuck bucks back. Then probably sold it to the next poor bastard! I even asked before buying it if it was correct to OE... not even close.

Glad to hear it... I'm hoping for the same result.
BTW, I'm told ECS can get a correctly made tinted rear windshield
and put the OEM correct date code stamping / logo etc... on it.
Is this what you used?

Nope, I polished up some OE back glasses and used the best one out of the bunch. As noted in my restoration thread, even with Justin's GTX, I wasn't really convinced that his ECS glass was OE correct either. I'd want some good pictures from Tom at ECS before proceeding. I've always bet they buy AMD and just engrave your information on same... but I've been wrong before.

My understanding is that there is only 1 place that actually manufacturers these. (I think it's in Canada but don't know for sure)
if that is true then how does AMD end up with "bad" ones and ECS gets "good" ones???? Hmmm guess I'll be polishing my original this weekend...

I've never seen an aftermarket good quality 3 curve glass. As with most , OEM is the best.

Auto Transport Service
Back