• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What front suspension to use on 1967 Satellite

Hey Max, the qa1 is a cheap way to get good performance out of these things. I have a set of brand new tube uca w/ bolt kit and weld in braces for boxing the lca for sale. PM me if you are interested. Thanks
Hey Max, the qa1 is a cheap way to get good performance out of these things. I have a set of brand new tube uca w/ bolt kit and weld in braces for boxing the lca for sale. PM me if you are interested. Thanks
Excuse my ignorance - not sure what parts you are talking about - I am doing my first Mopar ever so still learning allot about these cars and how they work - very different from GM

Excuse my ignorance - not sure what parts you are talking about - I am doing my first Mopar ever so still learning allot about these cars and how they work - very different from GM
Duh - upper and lower control arms - what brand - do you have pics and price you can send me?

The upper control arms and bolt kit are Qa1. The lower braces are just a set I got online from eBay. I also upgraded to energy suspension polygraphite ball joint dust covers.
IMG_3639.JPG

IMG_3641.JPG

don't matter either way you go there is good stuff out there for beefing it up. i seen a qa1 setup on a mustang and it was nice heavy duty parts. looked real nice. i went with the alterktion unit and love it, bolted right in with no issues. good luck

How much more camber/caster will the QA1 stuff allow vs stock and are they lighter than the stock pieces?

Nice write up Al, so weight is pretty much the same and you get -2.5 to +2.5 degree range.

The only downside with alterKtion, is that they don't make a system for later 73 and up b bodies. That's why I plan on using them sometime soon. With your car being a 67, I'm sure just about everybody makes a system for it. Just do your research, and I'm sure you'll end up with a fantastic-handling car.

I am looking for opinions on what front suspension should I use on a 1967 Satellite with a 440. All the hard body work is now complete so I am planning the front suspension. Should I rebuild the existing OEM with upgrades. If upgrades what? Should I go to a coil over like Magnum or others? If I put new upper A arms, disc brake conversion, replace all tie rods , ball joints , Torsion bars and possibly steering ( current it is a manual) I do not have an unlimited budget for this but I cannot afford to do it twice. I have been reading through the forum, researching the net - there are so many options just not sure what is the biggest bang for the bucks.
I am not building a drag car, not a touring car. More like a stop light racer and cruising to car shows. The 440 puts out about 500 hp at the moment.
Any info or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

I am running a Gerst kit on my 74 dart. I love it, cheaper than both the Hemidenny and the Alterkation as well but superior in many ways. Plus its 100% American made parts and built by hand right in Iowa by the owner of the company himself. By the time I would have rebuilt my front end with upgraded stock style parts etc, the Gerst was only a couple hundred more.

http://www.gerstsuspensions.com/k-frame-kits-for-a-b---e-body-mopar.html

I am running a Gerst kit on my 74 dart. I love it, cheaper than both the Hemidenny and the Alterkation as well but superior in many ways. Plus its 100% American made parts and built by hand right in Iowa by the owner of the company himself. By the time I would have rebuilt my front end with upgraded stock style parts etc, the Gerst was only a couple hundred more.

http://www.gerstsuspensions.com/k-frame-kits-for-a-b---e-body-mopar.html
thanks for the info - i will look into it

thanks for the info - i will look into it
looks like the Gerst Kit is a great value for an IFS vs running upgrades with stock type suspensions when considering steering box too plus shock. Does not look more than a few hundred dollars difference.
Anybody running Gerst or have opinions.. I appreciate all info I am getting from this post and getting a pretty good idea what to do - Any other opinions please respond. Like most of us my budget is not bottomless so trying to get the best I can for the best value.

My buddy is running his on a dart and loves it. Runs like it's on rails and Carl is a stand up guy. I just go my kit for my rr can't wait to get it on there.

looks like the Gerst Kit is a great value for an IFS vs running upgrades with stock type suspensions when considering steering box too plus shock. Does not look more than a few hundred dollars difference.
Anybody running Gerst or have opinions.. I appreciate all info I am getting from this post and getting a pretty good idea what to do - Any other opinions please respond. Like most of us my budget is not bottomless so trying to get the best I can for the best value.
I have a complete kit, front/rear from him, love it so far. though, I'm still finishing my car and it's not been driven yet. I just love the adjustability and tuning ease of it.

I have a complete kit, front/rear from him, love it so far. though, I'm still finishing my car and it's not been driven yet. I just love the adjustability and tuning ease of it.
how long to get it,

How log to get it? what options? Did you opt fro power steering, dropped spindals, what brakes plus approx cost - I am thing of going this way as well with my 1967 440

After talking to Gerst today looks like the way to go. I am trying to decide wether to run 2" drop spindles or not. This front end is based on Mustang ll so the spindles will be high quality. Any suggestions ?

I'm gonna run the no drop spindles and just tweak with the coils. Carl is cool though, he said if it's not enough just send them back and he will get out the 2" drop ones.

Auto Transport Service
Back