• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What gasket sealers does everyone like to use?

^^^^^^^
Has oil leaks at intake, water pump and oil pan.

627149A4-4727-46C6-9A36-F396D3571992.jpeg

^^^^^^^
Has oil leaks at intake, water pump and oil pan.

View attachment 1515510

The only thing that I have a problem sealing from time to time is stamped steel valve covers on aluminum heads.

I do use either white lithium grease or 105 lube on my intake gaskets. Makes switching intakes on the dyno or at the track quick and easy. I honestly cannot remember seeing an engine leak (other than valve covers) in 30 or 40 years. Transmissions leaks, that's a different story.

Last edited:
I often use nothing, because most of today's gaskets are a better material, when necessary I will use a THIN layer of super weatherstrip adhesive on one side to hold the gasket ie: fuel pumps. If there is corrosion, a thin layer of sealer. As far as RTV they are brilliant for end seals ie: intakes, but if used with a gasket you risk squeezing the gasket right out or splitting it at the bolt holes.

Auto Transport Service
Back