• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What happens when you get out of a routine.

BeepBeepRR

Local time
9:33 AM
Reaction score
Anyone have a crap day just because your routine was a little off the mark? I had a crap day first off I had to pay 409 a gallon for gas. That was the start. Typically i drive the same route every day which goes through roughly 4 different school zones. I know they are there and I usually abide by the speed limits. But stopping to get gas this morning threw me off my window of normal speed through the first school zone. When the lights are not flashing the school zone is 35 mph. But because I was late to that point i didn't even think about the flashing signs. Over the hill I go right into the loving arms of a motorcycle cop. LOL

He said the Lazer got me at 43 in a 25. He also said he did me a favor and reduced it to 38 in a 25. So Just keep this in mind when your typical routine gets disrupted.. Here is the kicker though about it all. I have never had a speeding ticket in all of my driving history. At 51 that's a pretty good record. I have had other tickets like laying drags, improper turn and improper backing. Hit my neighbors car parked in the street right across from my drive way. Again that was a routine thing. My typical spot to start turning the wheel when backing out was cut short by a 7 foot wide car.

Everyone does. It’s your turn that’s all

Some of us have more of a routine than others. I never have the same day twice

That freaken' "Murphy" dude needs to be eliminated...

when it can go wrong it does

(Murphy's law)

why does the cop have to hide over the hill?

why not sit at the beginning of the school zone in plain view? to actually prevent speeders in the school zone, and maybe prevent a tragedy

is it not about the safety of the children?........ NO, IT'S NOT!

IT'S A ******* TRAP AND A MONEY GRAB

4.09 a gallon did you get a discount? It’s 4.39 I’m my neck of the woods

why does the cop have to hide over the hill?

why not sit at the beginning of the school zone in plain view? to actually prevent speeders in the school zone, and maybe prevent a tragedy

is it not about the safety of the children?........ NO, IT'S NOT!

IT'S A ******* TRAP AND A MONEY GRAB
Not only over a hill but the motorcycle was on the sidewalk under a tree..

Some of us have more of a routine than others. I never have the same day twice
I don't usually have this in my routine. But when I do have to go there its the same route every time. The differing factor was being off by 10 minutes to beat the flashing school zone lights.

So I was going to google map the place where he sits and I was going back down that road on street view and low and behold. This is a different school zone but probably the same cop on the bike.

Robinhood.png

5.45$ a gallon and rising here near my home in Reno.

To answer the OP question yes I can get out of my routine with anything odd.

Sorry boys but I think we have the winner here in Commie CA - $6.75 in my neighbor hood. Anyone remember the Boston Tea party and the outcome? It’s time…….

How does a fuckin topic about your routine, turn into a topic about the price of gas? You stupid morons! Regardless of your routine, it makes no sense to speed around town because you're late, or going to be. By the time you get to your destination, you've only saved seconds, if even that!
It's like the A-hole that passes you like you're going backwards only to wind up with you pulling up right next to them at the next light, what's the point? I'm retired, what's a routine?

Getting up the same time and leaving the same time should have put me into the school zone before the flashing lights came in at 7:00 but since I stopped to get gas it threw me off. And where you can usually do 35 was now a 25. I don’t usually speed all over the place so that is not even the point. Typically like everyone else 5 to 7 miles per hour over isn’t a big deal. Just that my timing sucked and I mentioned the gas price because the night before it was 3.89 a gallon. That started the sucky day. I guess other members were just validating the cost of fuel.

Auto Transport Service
Back