• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What has happened to Summitt Racing?!?!

Exactly. Everything is screwed up since chinavirus. Pure and simple.
There was a news report on one of our tv channels the other day, how there are 40 ocean container ships waiting off the port of Long Beach to be unloaded.
No docking areas to unload, and then there is not enough space in the port for the containers to be stored.
Then there aren't enough tractor trailer trucks, and drivers to get the containers out of the port, to be delivered to wherever they have to go to.
So the back log gets worse and worse.
Santa Claus is gonna be way late into February 2022, coming up.

Long-Beach-Container-Terminal-at-Middle-Harbor-780x470.jpg

There was a news report on one of our tv channels the other day, how there are 40 ocean container ships waiting off the port of Long Beach to be unloaded.
No docking areas to unload, and then there is not enough space in the port for the containers to be stored.
Then there aren't enough tractor trailer trucks, and drivers to get the containers out of the port, to be delivered to wherever they have to go to.
So the back log gets worse and worse.
Santa Claus is gonna be way late into February 2022, coming up.
Is that really what the issue is with the dozens of Chinese cargo ships milling about out there in the ocean?
My good friend has just finished up a months-long assignment very near those docks and he's been sending
me pics of them, in which they look like ghost towns.
The stuff I've been reading is that the current US administration has jacked up tariffs on Chinese goods
and the Chinese are pissed about it and are refusing to come to shore in a sort of protest?

Whatever is happening, I tell you what....
Between WAY too much of our goods being produced in Asia PLUS the effects of the kung flu policies,
if an entities' goal was to take down the US economy - it couldn't have been done much better than this way.

Is that really what the issue is with the dozens of Chinese cargo ships milling about out there in the ocean?
My good friend has just finished up a months-long assignment very near those docks and he's been sending
The stuff I've been reading is that the current US administration has jacked up tariffs on Chinese goods
and the Chinese are pissed about it and are refusing to come to shore in a sort of protest?

Between WAY too much of our goods being produced in Asia PLUS the effects of the kung flu policies,
if an entities' goal was to take down the US economy - it couldn't have been done much better than this way.
I haven't heard, or read, that angle to the story?
Dunno?
The news report that i viewed showed the Long Beach port, full with the cargo ships at their docks, and containers stacked as high as they could safely store them.

Last edited:

Trump was the one that imposed 25% tariffs on China goods. Problem is the Chinese don't pay it, the American importer does which means the consumers pay it. The 25% tariff goes to the government, where is beyond me

Trump was the one that imposed 25% tariffs on China goods. Problem is the Chinese don't pay it, the American importer does which means the consumers pay it. The 25% tariff goes to the government, where is beyond me
Forgive me. "Tariffs" was an incorrect term to use on my part.
What has actually gone up a lot in the last year are container shipping rates, as detailed in this article:
https://www.reuters.com/business/ch...ping-rates-sail-past-20000-record-2021-08-05/

We literally have suppliers in my trade who know exactly where parts and assemblies are sitting, on which ship they're sitting on, and where that ship is milling about in the Pacific because of what is going on with shippers, the dock operators and such - and they all are using Covid as an excuse to bend the American consumer over a barrel.

We've always feared the day when allowing so much of our goods to be produced overseas would come back to haunt us.
It's here, now...

Last edited:
And again our media here reported it to be even worse with 65 ships waiting off Long Beach.....I wonder who counts the ships these days ? :D

5ny20k.jpg

A bit of a trade war, only with freighters not battleships...

UPS picked up a package for me 2 weeks ago and I still haven’t got it. I think all shipping companies are short handed and overloaded. And of course none will admit it and tell you the real shipping time.
I saw yesterday, where UPS will be hiring some of the Haitans camped out under the Del Rio, Tx. bridge. I guess they will pick out the bet of that 14,000 souls.

It's a shipping & delivery company logistic problem
that's making it Summit Racings problem

Summit Racing is standing behind their end
like always

I haven't had the issues "yet" most here claim

I think demographics play a part too
where you live or delivery address possibly too

I get all mine from UPS, or USPS
usually from thier Reno Nv shipping hub
in 2-3 days to my door, no extra charges
(& I'm rural)

I don't or won't use FedEx
or DHL
or the other no-name shady shipping
whenever I have a choice

Last edited:
Order your parts months before you think you'll need them. Make darn sure you open the box to verify it's the correct part and isn't damaged/defective when you finally receive it. Watch the return window and don't get stuck with parts you can't use.

The oldest went to Tallmadge site for spark plugs late last week. For Ferd GT-40 (?)heads, sorry not into Ferds. Only had 5 in stock(?); he got the other 3 today(from Arlington,Tx.). I blame the Ferd love on the better-half! I had the Bee before they were born!AND, before we got married.

D83CEF39-83EF-4732-88A6-7A5FB9AD2D82.jpeg
I ordered 3 quarter panels last Thursday and all 3 arrived today. 1 week turn around wasn’t bad. It was shipped on R & L carrier’s. I get pretty good service from Summit. They did mention that there may be a delay. Got lucky I guess.

I ordered a new Edelbrock AVS2 carb, MSD wires, cap and rotor and had the entire order in 3 days. Shipped outta Georgia.

I ordered a new Edelbrock AVS2 carb, MSD wires, cap and rotor and had the entire order in 3 days. Shipped outta Georgia.
My orders used to take about a week to get over here...not bad for International post.

My last order took 7 weeks to the day. All sorts of excuses....but eventually the stuff arrived. The C19 world we live in has changed a lot of things for ever.

Ford and GM ( pretty big companies) have been having problems finishing cars at the assembly plants for months because of , lets wait for it.....parts supply.
I was at Kenworth in Chilicothe, Ohio, where they build the W900 trucks. They have a whole yard full of Kenworths that they can't complete due to "chip shortage". My local Kenworth sales manager told me there is no timeline as to when I could get a new truck. His words, "whatever I do, don't sell my truck, they can't replace it".
CRAZY!!

Auto Transport Service
Back