• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What has happened to Summitt Racing?!?!

I was at Kenworth in Chilicothe, Ohio, where they build the W900 trucks. They have a whole yard full of Kenworths that they can't complete due to "chip shortage". My local Kenworth sales manager told me there is no timeline as to when I could get a new truck. His words, "whatever I do, don't sell my truck, they can't replace it".
CRAZY!!
That chip shortage has hit the entire motor industry worldwide.

That chip shortage has hit the entire motor industry worldwide.
Not only motors, but repairs as well. I know guys waiting 4-6 weeks for a sensor. That hurts when your truck is down and you can't work.
Call me a conspiracy theorist, but I believe that it's all by design.
CONTROL, CONTROL, CONTROL!!!

All the money we spend on a college education you tell me we can’t make a chip. We should be ashamed of ourselves. Looks like we’re getting a wake up call every day. Damn.

My daughter’s Ford Focus has been a the dealership going on 8 weeks waiting on a TCM. Yep I said Ford. I think she hit her head when she was a cheerleader in high school. Lol. I was thinking of making her take a DNA test. Lol

My daughter’s Ford Focus has been a the dealership going on 8 weeks waiting on a TCM. Yep I said Ford. I think she hit her head when she was a cheerleader in high school. Lol. I was thinking of making her take a DNA test. Lol
I'll be in your neighborhood tomorrow. I have a delivery in McBee.

Very cool , get you some of those Mac’s peaches. One of the lady’s I work with owns half of the town. Last name Sox.

Well.....both packages arrived just now. Got to send one back to Summitt.

Glad you got your parts. I haven't ordered anything really recent but most get to my house in 2 days unless it hits the weekend. They have always been great to buy from.

I ordered a new Edelbrock AVS2 carb, MSD wires, cap and rotor and had the entire order in 3 days. Shipped outta Georgia.
Lol, I thought you were working? Been to O-HI-O lately?

All the money we spend on a college education you tell me we can’t make a chip. We should be ashamed of ourselves. Looks like we’re getting a wake up call every day. Damn.
It's not the knowledge, it's Wall Street. When I was employed in the semiconductor business in 1992 there was 16 wafer fabs in the USA. When I left the semiconductor business in 2014 there was two. Wafer fabs are billion dollar investments and require continuous investment. Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC) built big wafer foundry and showed the US semiconductor companies that they no longer needed wafer fab overhead and a wafer could be fabricated for under 1 grand (and generate 6 grand revenue or more). Wall street loved any semiconductor company that shuttered it's foundry and switched to TSMC.
It's a matter of time before everything we depend on will be at the mercy of Asia. Just thank Wall street for this.

I get tired of the same old "Covid" excuses. Yeah, I get it...no one seemingly wants to work, everyone is dead from the Wu, waiting for Chinesium parts on five-year back-order...blah blah blah. And yeah, you're right for the most part. But, human nature being what it is, to be put on hold for 90 minutes and having a computer voice say "Thank you for calling. Good-bye"...guess what? That pisses me off. Every shipment is trackable these days; yet when you track something and it has been sitting for three weeks in Left Toe, Arkansas in a warehouse...or worse yet, you are waiting for a group of parts, and what is in the box? Packing material, a couple of wrong parts and nothing else...guess what? That pisses me off. Excuses don't cut it anymore.

A6DBE337-3EB9-4630-949C-8F0D9DAF069A.jpeg

The sticker on my old '68 D100 read "NO AIRBAGS! We die like real men!"

Summit has thousands and thousands of transaction. A few are bound to get screwed up. They are as good as they have always been.

I have to disagree, I have ordered from Summit many many times over the past 15-20 years and only recently (last 2) that I have seen their prices were off (usually within $1 or so of JEGS) and their shipping was slow. In the past I usually got stuff from Summit within 1-3 days but the last 4 or 5 orders took much longer (which of course I attributed to Rona), but I ordered from JEGS (due to price) and they arrived in 2-3 days every time.

Perhaps Summit was harder hit than their competitors or something and I am very sure I will order from them again but there is a noticeable difference in their actions.

I have to disagree, I have ordered from Summit many many times over the past 15-20 years and only recently (last 2) that I have seen their prices were off (usually within $1 or so of JEGS) and their shipping was slow. In the past I usually got stuff from Summit within 1-3 days but the last 4 or 5 orders took much longer (which of course I attributed to Rona), but I ordered from JEGS (due to price) and they arrived in 2-3 days every time.

Perhaps Summit was harder hit than their competitors or something and I am very sure I will order from them again but there is a noticeable difference in their actions.

I've had no noticeable delays with Summit for the duration of the pandemic other than backordered stuff which they cannot control.

I win :icon_fU:

It's not the knowledge, it's Wall Street. When I was employed in the semiconductor business in 1992 there was 16 wafer fabs in the USA. When I left the semiconductor business in 2014 there was two. Wafer fabs are billion dollar investments and require continuous investment. Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC) built big wafer foundry and showed the US semiconductor companies that they no longer needed wafer fab overhead and a wafer could be fabricated for under 1 grand (and generate 6 grand revenue or more). Wall street loved any semiconductor company that shuttered it's foundry and switched to TSMC.
It's a matter of time before everything we depend on will be at the mercy of Asia. Just thank Wall street for this.
Maybe there is some hope. Intel is building a wafer fab and offering foundry services like TSMC.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/intel-breaks-ground-two-leading-192100309.html

Auto Transport Service
Back