• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is a 6 pack motor worth?

Seventy

Banned
Local time
8:28 PM
Reaction score
Hey fellas, what would you say a 1970 HP2 Freshly rebuilt engine with 906 heads, 402 oil pan, matching valve covers and timing cover, 6 pack rods, crank, and 906 heads, a complete 6 pack all rebuilt by promax with their rear baseplate, and jet plate on the outboards, a 6 pack air cleaner, altenator, steering pump, distributor, and pulleys... And of course, new pistons, rings, bearings, cam, lifters, gaskets, valves, etc... Is worth???

The motor makes 470hp has a mild cam with some head work {comp valve job, ports cleaned up}.. Never ran in a vehicle just on the dyno, is it worth $8500?

Who built the engine? Is the carb included? Overall, however, I would say that is pretty close to a fair price, $6500 for the rebuilt stock engine, $2000 for the six-pack.

Original 6 pack engine out of a 6 pack car? Vin stamped on block? Would be worth more if you found the car it goes to imho.

A local race shop {known for rebuilding mopar race engines} Contracted the machine work, did the heads, and built the motor. It comes complete with the carbs, pretty complete down to the oil pan, no exhaust manifolds, but everything else seems pretty complete.

I figured the carbs and intake at $2800 {they have $500 of promax parts and a nice mopar air cleaner}...

You're probably close on the value. I'd still try to get the price down a bit, just because!

What's the VIN?

I'd say $9500 with all inclusive parts. Sound like a sweet motor.

Great thanks guys... Going to the BANK, and maybe divorce attorneys office...

I hope you're getting a good warranty for that price.

No Warranty, as is, but I know the builders work, he built my 496 {454 stroker, NA no boost no bottle all motor} that I gave more than its share of spankings {lsc5000 tranny that I smashed on pretty often}, motor dyno'ed 600/600 pump gas with a solid idle in a driver {dual plane intake}, I miss that chevelle, I sold to a gentleman that lives by my inlaws, he admittingly beats the snot out of it and it is still going strong...

Now I know that just because I had 1 engine from the guy that stayed together doesnt mean something can't go wrong, but when I add up buying a block, heads, 6 pack, crank, rods, gaskets, valley pan set, pistons, rings, cam, lifters, timing set, bolts, valve and timing covers, oil pan, pickup, pulleys, air cleaner, distributor, rocker set, bearings, freeze plugs, oil pump, water pump, pump intermediate shaft, push rods, valves, retainers, locks, springs, etc I come close to what I can buy this done for with out the machine work and labor.

I priced buying a 6 pack, sending it out, and all the parts associated with it and no matter how I do it its around $3000, for example this 6 pack setup for $1500 http://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-Mopar-4...rbs-/201380549596?hash=item2ee33753dc&vxp=mtr if no one bids against me, then promax restore with all his goodies is going to be $1200 that puts me at $2700, then $450 for an air cleaner, $300 for linkage and plumbing, puts me almost at $3500. so that leaves me $5000 to buy all the parts and build an engine? I don't think its possible...

I am pulling the trigger on this rig, thanks guys..

Cool, let us know how everything works out.

motor is worth more to a 6 pak car owner vs a non 6 pak...I put a 6 pak on a 72 challenger with a non matching 440...value wise:was it worth it?

Auto Transport Service
Back