• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is it worth - 1969 Super Bee

Your new car is in much better condition than this blue one Roger. The paint difference alone is huge. Plus yours is a R/T....
That's the point I was trying to make, I don't want to see anyone over pay for a car. As you well know there are still reasonable priced cars out there. You just got to dig.

Funny how I can build a rust free solid car, and I will drive it as long as I have it, and IF I undercoat it to preseve it, if I offer it for ale, the "lookers" will scream " whats under neath that undercoat" or we want a "show car" the bottom MUST be as shiny as the top! lol
Value? Decide what that is worth needing nothing.. and then subtract off
the cost to make it perfect. OrIF you don't need perfect, figure what is costs you to get it there.
Darn bc/cc! I'll take good single stage acrylic urethane any day of the week!
Good luck.

"minor rust" in the trunk and quarters will usually turn into this........ and all these cars rust the same way...beware

the difference between this and a rust free car is 20-25K

trunk.jpg

Last edited:
Based on truely rust free. and in its current condition it can easily be a upper 20s to low 30s car.
A lot of value is determined by exactly what the buyer intends to do with it .

That said, If a running driving Presentable appearing 1969 383 4spd superbee can be bought in todays market for mid teens, send them my way. I'll take everyone of them , Especially in a good color combo like Blue on Blue

The question I like to ask myself in cases like this is: what do I want? No matter how many people you talk to, you’re still going to question the answers they give you, so wear your own hat and decide if that car will make you happy. We don’t question the money we spend on vacations, car show trips, beer, eating out, etc., so you’re either in it as an investment, or for your own personal happiness.......I choose the latter. Even the rich boys with the “1 of 5” Hemi cars pick each other’s cars apart over the bolts in the fuel tank straps, so everyone’s ideas of value are based in different criteria.......that’s what keeps classic car dealers in business. There’s always going to be somebody to say you paid too much, no matter what you pay. If you’re not a true greenhorn with classic cars, your intuition will tell you what to pay once you see it in person and check it out thoroughly.
Good luck!.....that will make a very sharp ride after you spend some of your beer money on it! Hahaha

Rust free and if the rest of the paint is a nice as the one exterior pic shows ???
if it is you stole it and you know it

The Tan on Tan color is not a good as the Blue on Blue ( IMO ) so to me that will hold it back. Plus auto is a detrement to most ( not me )
Yes rust free absolutely no rot underneath on frame rails. Bumpers are bent and need rechromed.

I’d love to see these 12k running b bodies they’re talking about ?

I’ve been into mopars for the last ten years and I have yet to see one. The basic barely running driver that still needs maintenance, body work, interior and some mechanical work is usually 15k plus

This looks like B7 to me.

1662914854999.png

This looks like B5

1662914921914.png

35K seems high for a car that needs paint and interior. That can't be cheap.

Last edited:
I’d love to see these 12k running b bodies they’re talking about ?

I’ve been into mopars for the last ten years and I have yet to see one. The basic barely running driver that still needs maintenance, body work, interior and some mechanical work is usually 15k plus
I couldn't agree more. I've been into Mopars my entire adult life and I'm 56......I sold a 71 GTX that was totally disassembled (but all there) for $11K over 10 years ago. I do know one particular person who seems to have a polished gold horseshoe up his *** when it comes to finding awesome cars at awesome deals, but that ain't the norm by any stretch of the imagination!

I love that color especially with the tan interior which is very uncommon. What color appeals to one guy does notto everyone. I agree 4 speeds are worth more $$ but NOT everyone wants to bang gears.
I bought a bee just like this back about '99 in Ok and took it to Mo It got sold.

Know the problems areas with the 68-70 B bodies and check those outside spots good with a weak magnet and under the carpet!!.

I couldn't agree more. I've been into Mopars my entire adult life and I'm 56......I sold a 71 GTX that was totally disassembled (but all there) for $11K over 10 years ago. I do know one particular person who seems to have a polished gold horseshoe up his *** when it comes to finding awesome cars at awesome deals, but that ain't the norm by any stretch of the imagination!
Exactly ! Once in a blue moon sure maybe

Ok so a bit more info, for interior bits it will need carpet, headliner (owner has rails) seat covers front and rear, 1 a pillar cover and I think the sail panels, owner has all the trim, door panels etc.

The car was originally bought in the midwest by his dad and was undercoated from the factory, he said about 50% of the original undercoat is there and the areas it was coming off were covered by him using a gm underbody product, says no rust was present. There was a small patch on the driver side rocker when the car was repainted, 4" long, rock dent/surface rust but that is it.

One thing I was not aware of is it has a fuel cell, original tank was taken out and was lost over the years. It sounds like the car was taken apart for paint back in the 80s and never fully put back together, the plan was to switch to bucket seats but that never happened.

The car originally was bought by the current owners dad, it went to the current owners brother in the 80s and he was more concerned with the mechanical aspect of the car and didnt care much about the cosmetics, the current owner bought it off the brother about a year ago but has a pro touring trans am he is building and would rather put the money and time into that, had a long call with the guy and he seems very trustworthy. It seems like the number is $30k

Carb is edlebrock, has the original exhaust and intake manifolds, distributor, and some other bits, no original carb. Motor was rebuild roughly in 2012, springs and roller rockers done with the cam, 1500ish miles since rebuild, no leaks.

Here are some trunk photos.

301886484_1751855515174962_3236297544531499057_n.jpg

305003198_1160069901212844_7578151199939801503_n.jpg

305155908_389554356679366_7847298195695772609_n.jpg

305392188_796104724926106_6945200998074669660_n.jpg

305464461_1079338766283512_1626254653459998346_n.jpg

Imo.

If u can do the work yourself to finish it. AND ...this car cks all / most of your boxes.
30k may not be out of line.
I think the biggest factor here is paint. That can get expensive and fast.

If you have to pay to have it finished....
Keep looking and buy a done / more complete car.

Well I talked to the owner on the phone Sunday, went great, said he didn't really have much going on the rest of the day and would get me some videos. Videos never came, I messaged him a couple other questions which he read but did not answer, messaged him again Monday confirming we were still good for Tuesday (my flight and car rental were all booked which he knew) no response, texted him, called him, nothing. Waited until Tuesday 2 hours before my flight was supposed to leave to cancel after still not hearing from him. Maybe something up but it seems like it would have to be pretty serious to not take 30 seconds to message a guy flying out to look at a car you are selling and explain. All this after he tells me on the phone he was holding out for me to come see if it before talking to another guy about it because "there aren' t a lot of people with integrity left in this world"

Back on the hunt!

Well I talked to the owner on the phone Sunday, went great, said he didn't really have much going on the rest of the day and would get me some videos. Videos never came, I messaged him a couple other questions which he read but did not answer, messaged him again Monday confirming we were still good for Tuesday (my flight and car rental were all booked which he knew) no response, texted him, called him, nothing. Waited until Tuesday 2 hours before my flight was supposed to leave to cancel after still not hearing from him. Maybe something up but it seems like it would have to be pretty serious to not take 30 seconds to message a guy flying out to look at a car you are selling and explain. All this after he tells me on the phone he was holding out for me to come see if it before talking to another guy about it because "there aren' t a lot of people with integrity left in this world"

Back on the hunt!
I've got a feeling that all worked out in YOUR favor.

Auto Transport Service
Back