• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the correct bulb number for a 66 Charger console courtesy lights?

northeastmoparnet

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:33 PM
Reaction score
does anyone know what the correct bulb I should be using in my 66 Charger front console. Has a lamp on both sides and it is missing the bulbs. Auto parts store sold me 1156 bulbs but they are like 32 watts and seem to be for something much bigger. I don't want to burn the plastic lens with the incorrect wattage?

This may help. It’s published in the Classic Industries catalog.

31C63D79-0A1F-4C2C-98F0-A9DC9BECA385.png

They are listed in the owner’s manual, same bulbs should be in all 66-70 b bodies consoles. Probably also A and C bodies. Might be 57 or 53 bulbs, not sure and my books aren’t handy right now.

They are listed in the owner’s manual, same bulbs should be in all 66-70 b bodies consoles. Probably also A and C bodies. Might be 57 or 53 bulbs, not sure and my books aren’t handy right now.
looked at the 57 bulbs in autozone. they are very small plug in all glass. my charger mahual says 57 as well?? Did they change the numbers??

Didn't realize that chart didn't clearly list them. I think they may be #1445 but need to double check with owners manual or FSM.

I will check my 66 when I get home

Auto Transport Service
Back