• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the going rate for a 68 these days?

Nice car. I bought a 68 383 car and paid $35,000. gorgeous on the outside but needed drive train and interior. I thin you are in the high 50s all day. Maybe into the low 60s if you are really patient.
Best legitimate offer I have gotten thus far was 40 though I really only had it up on CL a week or so prior to getting annoyed by spam. I am currently posting it under barter for now but will likely try a little harder now that spring is rolling around.

Best legitimate offer I have gotten thus far was 40 though I really only had it up on CL a week or so prior to getting annoyed by spam. I am currently posting it under barter for now but will likely try a little harder now that spring is rolling around.
We are already hard into spring time! The trees are leafing out pretty good and the weeds are growing faster than the grass is....

Throw it on e-bay and put a nice reserve. this way you get your price but may get more than you bargained for. Getting into Springtime and is a great time to sell. Or take it to a Mopar event and list it. Your audience is pure Mopar then.

Probably not an attractive offer but, I would give my left you know what for that car. Beautiful.

That offer of 40k is way to low. I would hold out for WAY more. Be patient as these cars are not dropping in value.

If you are willing to risk some money up front to possibly get a better price, the Mecum Indy auction coming up might be an option. I consigned my 1969 A33 GTX to them a few years back, Covid cancelled that event. I sold the car private party a year later for less than market to close a deal on a better GTX I was pursuing. Since that time, the car has been across the auction block twice, and both times has been bid to, or sold for, significantly more than book value.

What that GTX has in common with your Charger is it is red, has a 440, and is extremely photogenic. Up close, in person, that car is extremely nice, but far from concours condition. Folks who inspected it in person were able to find plenty of small issues to dicker with. On the auction block, it doesn't seem to matter. The car drew a concours level bid last spring.

Auction fees up front, and the cut the house takes on a sale, are a drawback. But a car with the positives your Charger possesses could do well in that setting, with deep pocket buyers, fueled by complementary alcohol. It's always a bit of a gamble, but with a car like yours, it might pay off. And there is something to be said for not having to deal with the dreamers who love wasting a seller's time.

Interesting, not a bad thing to look into
If you decide to go that way, you need to buy the best time slot you can. Cars crossing the block early in the week tend to be underbid, and picked up by dealers. The stuff hitting the block during prime time draws the high prices, and the auctioneer puts more effort into working the crowd. You need to set a reasonable reserve price as well. If the house thinks you're just testing the market, they are less likely to give you a better time slot.

If you decide to go that way, you need to buy the best time slot you can. Cars crossing the block early in the week tend to be underbid, and picked up by dealers. The stuff hitting the block during prime time draws the high prices, and the auctioneer puts more effort into working the crowd.
Unless the auction house wants to pull something dirty... Short sales to "insiders" have happened...

Auto Transport Service
Back