• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the going rate for a 68 these days?

You have a beautiful car for sure! My honest opinion as far as value is 38-42K. My opinion means absolutely nothing because the real value is what a particular buyer is willing to pay.

You have a beautiful car for sure! My honest opinion as far as value is 38-42K. My opinion means absolutely nothing because the real value is what a particular buyer is willing to pay.
Thank you!

Going by the pictures of your 68 Charger, I wouldn’t let it go for less than 50 grand, that said, paint can hide a lot.

I think I will attempt to sell for 50. If it doesn’t sell, I can reassess next spring. Now what is the best market place for selling these days?

Bring a Trailer has been selling Mopars for more money these days than in the past.

I have bought and sold on Marketplace.

You can always lower your price if it doesn't sell, but pretty hard to ask for more after sellers remorse.

I just found this R/T clone on Marketplace. Fully restored and asking 80K.
1692461785957.png

DO not sell yourself short,u r close to indy, dana Mecum auctions is the way to go as I did ,may indy mecum is where I sold in2016, I owned 3 68 chargers and one was a numbers match r/t stock resto. set a high reserve say 90K and you can tell the auction workers at the last bid what will you do 4 me if I take it off reserve,they will nock down the commish u pay from 10 to 5% if u ask,,u will get top dollar this way,be in no hurry to sell as a 68 charger today is commanding un believeable $$$$$, 40k 50k for your car is a joke LOWBALL I SAY,,,u will get way more at mecum and they will treat u right this is coming from a dude that has sold at Barrett Jackson,ect.

DO not sell yourself short,u r close to indy, dana Mecum auctions is the way to go as I did ,may indy mecum is where I sold in2016, I owned 3 68 chargers and one was a numbers match r/t stock resto. set a high reserve say 90K and you can tell the auction workers at the last bid what will you do 4 me if I take it off reserve,they will nock down the commish u pay from 10 to 5% if u ask,,u will get top dollar this way,be in no hurry to sell as a 68 charger today is commanding un believeable $$$$$, 40k 50k for your car is a joke LOWBALL I SAY,,,u will get way more at mecum and they will treat u right this is coming from a dude that has sold at Barrett Jackson,ect.
feel free to pm me your phone# as I would love to talk to u about how not to sell your pride and joy 68

Hi all, I have been thinking about selling my 68 recently due to how little I actually use it and am curious on what the popular opinion is on how much it might be worth if I do. I haven't committed one way or the other. It has sentimental value but also takes up a lot of space and gets used very little. It is currently in Wisconsin.

Some of the details are:
Originally a 318 car. Currently has a 440 in it. It was a bare metal restore (if you can call it a restore?) in 1995 for which I have most of the receipts for.
Rust free, paint is fine from several feet away. It is single stage. Has some cracks in the paint, some flakes missing showing the primer etc. Looks fine as is but that would/will be my next move.
General details
440 bored 30 over
292 Purple Shaft cam
6 pack pistons
Double roller timing chain
Polished crank in '95
ARP rod bolts
Trickflow Power Port 240 Aluminum heads
Edelbrock Performer RPM high rise manifold
850 cfm Custom Pro Systems double pumper carb
MSD 8546 distributor
MSD Blaster 2 high performance coil
MSD 6-AL Ignition kit
Taylor 10mm Racing wires
Iridium spark plugs
727 torque flight with manual valve body shift kit
Trans Cooler
Lightning stick shifter
Blue plate clutches
B&M Holeshot 3000 stall torque converter
3.91 8-¾ rear
Hooker Super comp 2” primaries 3.5 collector.
3” Flowmaster exhaust
Optimum red top battery
KYG gas adjust shocks up front
Refurbed stock suspension
1.14” torsion bars
215/70/14 front 325/50/15 rear
Manual front disc brake conversion w/ line lock

Power steering leaks.
Most guages are a guess if anything.

View attachment 1511265

View attachment 1511266

View attachment 1511268

View attachment 1511270

View attachment 1511271

View attachment 1511272

View attachment 1511273
Pretty good chunk of change. Before i picked up my '67 i researched sales on barrett jackson and mecum for the last 3 years. Those sales are readily available on their results websites. I would safely say 50k+

Yeesh I was able to wrap my head around the early comments about low 40’s. I guess that’s the cost of a new Hyundai sedan these days though. The non original setup and 6-7/10 appearance really worth so much?

*continues to lowball own car.

I knew there would be someone stop in and try to steal it. :poke: :rofl:
Steal ? Noooo.... it's merely for a price I think is fair for only me. And it's just him being a wonderful guy to follow through with that gesture to another wonderful guy. :lol:

Steal ? Noooo.... it's merely for a price I think is fair for only me. And it's just him being a wonderful guy to follow through with that gesture to another wonderful guy. :lol:
:rofl: :rofl:

Yeesh I was able to wrap my head around the early comments about low 40’s. I guess that’s the cost of a new Hyundai sedan these days though. The non original setup and 6-7/10 appearance really worth so much?

*continues to lowball own car.
. Those cars are special and for myself, I like the 1968 a little better than the 69 and 70. From what I’m now seeing after further investigation, and even though it was a 318 car, the value is still really high. I’m now second guessing my 38-42k opinion and thinking the other higher value opinions just might be closer to what she is worth.

My guess is 50-59K. If the paint needs to be refreshed or re-done that could prevent someone from pulling the trigger because without an estimate from a paint shop or two, it is a large unknown.It could wind up in 'paint jail.' Just my 2 cents

IMO, ask upper 50s, sell it in the lower/mid 50s

Big factor is the paint issues mentioned. And will play a very big part on an actual sales price.

A friend of mine told me a few weeks ago he is thinking it might be getting time to sell his 68 RT
But probably be next year before he fully decides to or not. Not a numbers car, no fender tag or sheet. But it a real 440 4spd 3.54 dana car ( now has a 4.10 Dana ) power steering and power disc brakes both added.
EE1 blue, white interior, console The car has had lot of metal replaced ( I did it ) But is now as solid as one could possibly get

He has been offered 65k twice this past summer. And turned them both down, ( one was a flipper dealer )

Ive told him ask $90k and go from there

charlies.jpg

These are the biggest offenders to the paint. Little bit flaked off on the drivers side hood and then a shop light fell on the back off the hood, passenger side to dent it. The rest is 28 year old single stage paint

IMG_1270_Original.jpeg

IMG_1268_Original.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back