• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is the going rate for a 68 these days?

Ha I checked for it there already! Ill try not to append any extra 0’s.

I've sold three second gen Chargers in the last couple years. Two 68s and a 70.

Around 45k is realistic.

Marketplace usually get's a local audience. With something like a car, I think it's better if the buyer comes and looks at it in person and meets you instead of a worldwide market like E bay or the like. As a buyer, I wouldn't be comfortable buying a car sight unseen and as a seller I wouldn't be comfortable with money transfers and the like from some oil baron in another country. :BangHead: :lol:

What about Hemming's online auction, national exposure. I'm thinking to sell there hate auction fees. Not a Charger.

Anything in particular for to 10-15k drop?
Overall it's in rougher shape than what I saw in the first photos. I don't have much skin in the game because I'm not into the Charger hobby but I do pay attention to selling prices.

Overall it's in rougher shape than what I saw in the first photos. I don't have much skin in the game because I'm not into the Charger hobby but I do pay attention to selling prices.
rgr

I think it also depends on where you sell it. I know prices in my area are around $35k for a running 1968 Charger that needs some paint and body work. I do think your car looks way better than the last car I looked at. It was $35k and had been listed at that price for about 6 months without selling. I talked with the seller and he would not budge on the price.

Whatever the market will bear as the saying goes. Maybe the market will bear $50k. You're in no rush...time is on your side. If you try to sell it at $40k, then the flippers will come out in droves and annoy you with insulting low offers; and waste your time.

Auctions: You only need two bidders that want one bad!

Bring A Trailer: They interview prospective sellers to see if they are going to list it. I don't think your car "checks enough boxes" for them to be interested in auctioning it for you.

eBay Motors: Never tried buying/selling through them. I seldom see anything I like.

Hemmings: Worth a try.

Craigslist: No

Facebook Marketplace: Hell no!

Maybe you can find a company to sell it on consignment. You'll need to jack up the price to offset their fees and the aggravation of going this route.

carsonline would be another good option as to where to list it.

Yeesh I was able to wrap my head around the early comments about low 40’s. I guess that’s the cost of a new Hyundai sedan these days though. The non original setup and 6-7/10 appearance really worth so much?

*continues to lowball own car.
I’ve been working on buying this one for a couple months. It’s a big block car, has rust in the rear qtrs and trunk floor, was a spring special in A4 silver with a black vinyl top. Runs but hasn’t run in almost 12 years. Comparing this to yours, I would put your car at the same as mentioned above, $38k-$42k. Yes, this one is also a 68. It has a 69 grille and rear tail panel, I mentioned to him that it must’ve been in a fender bender at some point, and he sheepishly replied that he hit the side of his house driving it into the garage.

3EF6AC10-D020-4F3B-8B11-075AA0610BCF.jpeg

These days a decent Charger can be bought for around 100k, two of your children,and your left arm.

What has been your go-to marketplace for sales?

Facebook Marketplace

Pros- good visibility, easy to use.

Cons- tough to discern tire kickers and legitimate interest. Need to treat most like a potential buyer.

Being accessible and responsive is important when vehicle is listed regardless of platform.

I post on Craigslist still too.

Hi all, I have been thinking about selling my 68 recently due to how little I actually use it and am curious on what the popular opinion is on how much it might be worth if I do. I haven't committed one way or the other. It has sentimental value but also takes up a lot of space and gets used very little. It is currently in Wisconsin.

Some of the details are:
Originally a 318 car. Currently has a 440 in it. It was a bare metal restore (if you can call it a restore?) in 1995 for which I have most of the receipts for.
Rust free, paint is fine from several feet away. It is single stage. Has some cracks in the paint, some flakes missing showing the primer etc. Looks fine as is but that would/will be my next move.
General details
440 bored 30 over
292 Purple Shaft cam
6 pack pistons
Double roller timing chain
Polished crank in '95
ARP rod bolts
Trickflow Power Port 240 Aluminum heads
Edelbrock Performer RPM high rise manifold
850 cfm Custom Pro Systems double pumper carb
MSD 8546 distributor
MSD Blaster 2 high performance coil
MSD 6-AL Ignition kit
Taylor 10mm Racing wires
Iridium spark plugs
727 torque flight with manual valve body shift kit
Trans Cooler
Lightning stick shifter
Blue plate clutches
B&M Holeshot 3000 stall torque converter
3.91 8-¾ rear
Hooker Super comp 2” primaries 3.5 collector.
3” Flowmaster exhaust
Optimum red top battery
KYG gas adjust shocks up front
Refurbed stock suspension
1.14” torsion bars
215/70/14 front 325/50/15 rear
Manual front disc brake conversion w/ line lock

Power steering leaks.
Most guages are a guess if anything.

View attachment 1511265

View attachment 1511266

View attachment 1511268

View attachment 1511270

View attachment 1511271

View attachment 1511272

View attachment 1511273
Nice car. I bought a 68 383 car and paid $35,000. gorgeous on the outside but needed drive train and interior. I thin you are in the high 50s all day. Maybe into the low 60s if you are really patient.

Auto Transport Service
Back