• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is this black wire for? 1974 Road Runner

flamesoldier

Local time
11:49 AM
Reaction score
What is this black wire for? Its on driver side coming out of forward light harness. All my light work as normal. Previous owner just had it sitting there not sure what it connects to?

DD9A52D3-03D0-468C-A769-E36600A11CC9.jpeg

Do you have a FSM ? The schematic will indicate the purpose. Is it factory, or add-on ? You can connect a test lamp & see when it's powered up. Over the years people add on "stuff" to these cars.

Fender turn signal uses bullet terminals.

honestly at this moment I can’t think anything it could be that wire. But is also true Plymouths and Chargers got diff forward lighting harnesses design for obvious reasons ( diff parking lights ) and I’m familiar with Chargers.

solid black wire should be a ground thought, on forward lighting harness.

Could it involve the windshield washer pump?? Should be brown not black... thought black would be grounds but I dunno about the connector..

Could it involve the windshield washer pump?? Should be brown not black... thought black would be grounds but I dunno about the connector..
No i have the ground for the washer pump installed and its power wire as well, this black wire is coming from the exact same harness as the light and horn harness. All my light are solid and working even the fender blinkers. So as you can imagine im scratching my head wandering where the hell something is missing

Auto Transport Service
Back