• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is this on the shock tower mount

VicsGarage

Local time
8:11 PM
Reaction score
So I'm looking to replace my shock tower mounts with the rest of my front end. Using all new metal, I'm not keen on using 50 year old shock tower mounts..
Inventory is limited, but one of the places I found had some dynacorn ones from the ebody.

I found a site that claims to have Dynacorn ones in stock. Given that I've used mostly dynacorn parts on the front, I'm not opposed to those too. But on the stock image on the website, it has that cup on it at the bottom (passenger side one) I looked at my old ones on my 71 b body and they don't have that. To make it even more confusing, I don't see that on other dynacorn stock photos.

So my question is what is it? :p

6002.jpg

All I see is two different views of the same part scaled differently and overlaid. Am I missing something?

The small pic is the outside of it where the control arm bolts up.....

I think he's talking about the circled area. Looks like there's a shock washer welded to the bottom side as a reinforcement.

6002.jpg

Lol well now I feel like an idiot. As others posted, it’s the backside overlaid on the front.

Insert jokes from here on out lol.

Sorry guys I clearly didn’t upload the second photo. So you can see there different. On the bottom isn’t that small cup.

View attachment 1439645
Can you circle
Lol well now I feel like an idiot. As others posted, it’s the backside overlaid on the front.

Insert jokes from here on out lol.
Was about to explain it differently but you posted before I had a chance to finish lol. I think all of us has felt like an idiot at some point in our lives. I know I have and many times! lol

Auto Transport Service
Back