• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is your favorite car wax?

What is your favorite car wax/protectant?

• Total voters
Autoglym is the best polish. They even have Bird Dropping Wipes. I've been using it since 94.

HomeFeat-Product.gif

http://www.autoglym.com/enGB/default.asp

We've used Meguiar's products on our show cars for years. Tried several others, but always come back to Meguiar's. The ones we prefer are Show Car Glaze and their Tech Wax. I've tried ICE on two of our cars, but in each case it left a blotchy surface appearance on the trunk lids, so I redid them with the Tech Wax, and they looked much better. I do think the ICE works well on the inside of trunks where it's difficult to use a polishing cloth. Another wax I've tried that was really easy to use was Ibiz. It goes on & comes off easily, so I use it on our daily driver. However, I don't think it holds up as well as the Meguiar's.

I use "Dry Wash" almost every weekend, then a good scrubbing with "Turtle Wax" once a year. My car is indoors, and hasn't been wet for about 5 years.
If we are just talking about upkeep on a finish and not restoring a finish, a simple product like Dri Wash and Gaurd (waterless car wash) works amazingly well and a number of professional detailers will us this product as an upkeep tool. I use it on my daily driver for the past 10 years and my 97 Dakota looks like the day I bought it. I use it 2-3 times a year with remarkable results. People think I just painted the truck and she see's a fair amount of bad weather from 100 F to sub zero here in the Okanagan BC (Canada eh)

I use and have used exclusively for 10 years now Ibiz.

Unreal stuff, owned a detail shop in the early 90's tried it all and I have never seen anything across the board compare with this stuff. Try it, you will not believe it.

http://www.ibiz-inc.com/

ive used tons of differant products and have found nothing better than Satin Gloss Wax

df3c_1.jpg

and for a quick detail spray this is by far the BEST . ive tried others and nothing compares , you can spray it on in DIRECT SUNLIGHT on a black car & it does not streek or gum up like others

E-Z Shine Detailing Spray Wax

4320_2.jpg

WOW you guys need to try ZAINO, I agree some of those are nice, I have used and still have some on the shelf, but ZAINO is another level up.

Night to day diff, and only take a 1-2 oz for a full size car, yes it is more work, is a catalyst system, more $$ etc. But what a diff.

good thread..

WOW you guys need to try ZAINO, I agree some of those are nice, I have used and still have some on the shelf, but ZAINO is another level up.

Night to day diff, and only take a 1-2 oz for a full size car, yes it is more work, is a catalyst system, more $$ etc. But what a diff.

good thread..

http://www.ffcobra.com/magazine/waxtest.html

You pay more, but it takes so little to do a car or truck, you really saving money due to it takes very little to wax your vechicle.
GREAT stuff. I use it on all my cars and bikes. My SRT 10 and harley are black and it makes POP!!!!! Easiest wax I have ever used.

Used it on my Girlfriends 9 year old SUV, and it looked like a new car inside and out. Smells good too.:grin:

How long does it last and how well does it protect? That is the question.

I just waxed my Ram with Zymol, went on easy, came off easy, looks nice with a really deep glossy shine, .......Let's see how it holds up.

We like Mothers products, Glaze and Wax. Also the Turtle wax Ice Polish in great stuff.

Does anyone have experience using the synthetic ZAINO Products? I heard they are very good but also expensive. Like 100$ for a starter kit.

Zaino is the best goood stuff look at it online

I use Wizards......use on my truck twice before winter and no worries about salt at all

I prefer Meguiars. Many reasons why...

First, you can get a whole range of polishing levles with Meguirs from professional paint shops. i use fine cut cleaner and medium cut cleaner to help with major defects. I prefer the manual method of wax application (wax-on wax-off) so I usually do what i call a three step program.

After three-bucket, three mitt wash:

First cleaner, usually a cleaner in the teens. Depends on how bad the finish is.
Next either clay work as noted (meguiars or gringotts) or easier is polish with Meguiars show glaze or polish in the 20's.
Lastly, I am old school so, solid paste meguiars wax basically carnuba. It doesn't last forever, but the shine is incredible.

After all that, I get a bucket of ice for my arms and a beer with a straw.

Randy

Do yourself a favor and look into Griot's--online; Great Stuff.

I haven't tried a lot of different waxes but I have been happy with Meguiars Gold Class.

I was on the car show circut for a couple of years and use about 5 different products on the Trans AM. depending on weather and if it was a indoor or outdoor show. Ice, techwax, flash and a couple of others.

Dave F

Auto Transport Service
Back