• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is your favorite Ignition setup

Still am totally happy with my Progression distributor.
Thank for the update Bio!

The progression ignition sure does look pretty darn cool. I haven't purchased one but I did downloaded the app just to get an idea of what its all about! And honestly the principal and idea is really impressive ! Sometimes I wish I was in the US for car parts !!

To get that up here to Ontario , Canada looking into $900 range... little rich.

I haven't purchased one but I did downloaded the app just to get an idea of what its all about! And honestly the principal and idea is really impressive !
I was already 100% absolutely a fanatic and ambassador for the Progression Ignition once I researched, read about, and got some detailed information about it, and saw the videos. I guess years ago having seen first hand a home made conglomeration of various electronics cobbled together coming up with similar results AND my "psychotic" drive, determination, and crusade for an ignition system that does what it does for CARBURETED engines really made the perfect match.
I'm going to use the "extra advance at idle" feature that the video shows smoothing out the idle (keeping it up to "normal" RPMs) for going from P or N into gear with an automatic transmission, that same "bump" up in advance when my AC clutch engages is going to be great. No stalling from the RPMs going too low, without having them too high the rest of the time!
WHAT A BLESSING!

Ted at Progression had promised another upgrade(s) after the new, smaller diameter billet aluminum distributors were done.
As I had posted some time ago, the smaller diameter distributor has become a reality, and I just inquired about the latest upgrades, and I was told it's a couple of weeks away!
I've been wanting to get the Progression Ignition system, but upgrades have kept me waiting.
Once these latest changes are a reality, I'm going to buy one asap, but I'll make the "big announcement" on this forum, as long as Ted says it's OK to...

My 440 is rocking a hybrid system with a Mallory YL dual point with one set of points removed, a MSD 6AL, MSD Blaster coil and Moroso 8.8mm wires. Adding the 6AL and Blaster coil made a huge improvement in starting and idle quality, plug life seems better as well.

I'm definitely of the old school....as mentioned previously, the RS23V0A****** uses a Prestolite cast iron body dual point distributor. With Mopar points and condenser, or Standard Motor Products Blue Streak equilivant, Standard MOPAR coil, distributor recurved to 35° total all in @ 2400 RPM, NO VACUUM ADVANCE. I can buzz the engine up to 6000 RPM without missing a beat, starts well, idles @ 1200 RPM because of the cam....MPG is poor because of the Dana 60 4.10 gears. The car is just a cruise car...no drag racing...just an occasional stop light contest. To the other proponents of electronic ignition....more power to.you....the original stuff works just fine for me...
BOB RENTON

Auto Transport Service
Back