• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What other hobbies u got

oldmanintexas

Local time
4:14 AM
Reaction score
We'll I like jacking with my old plymouth, but I also like just ridin out in the lake on the boat, and sometimes motorcycle.
Right now I am recovering from surgery on my achillies tendon in my right leg. I'm not even a week out yet I just had it last wed jul 27, and I'm already going nuts, and driving my ol lady nuts ringing the bell saying bring me this or that, but thats the most enjoyment I have, when she hollers she is going to stick the bell up my kister.
First surgery I ever had in 55 years , I guess that was a good run, but I tell you what this looking out the bACK DOOR AND SEEING THINGS i NEED TO DO AND CAN'T EVEN WALK.
I got a small cabin at Lake Texoma and I guess my boating year is over, I tell you all you don't know how good it is, until when you can't walk for 4 weeks, then in a walking boot 4 weeks, then PT for 4 weeks, before I can go back to work. We'll I was just thinking what other folks hobbies was when they have time to do stuff, besides being bored as hell. Anybody out there close to Lake Texoma, I usally hang out there, in my spare time, but I live around Greenville, Texas during the week.:angry1:
OLDMAN

Sounds like you've come a long way from the cardboard box oldman! Your property must be beautiful provided the lake hasn't dried up! Hope you heal up fast and get back on your feet soon. Working on my cars is one of my favorite things as well but I also enjoy what I do for a living which is Finish carpentry/cabinet/furniture maker. Between those 2 things and hanging out with my Great Dane, Duesenberg I stay pretty busy.

Oh Crap. You mean this is supposed to be a hobby?

And it's fishing for me. I don't know crap about it. I ain't good at it. I enjoy the hell out of it. I'm keeping it that way.

Like detmatt1, I'm also a furniture maker. I make period reproduction furniture and custom Craftsman style furniture with my collection of vintage hand tools. No power tools of any kind allowed in my shop. I also play a ridiculous amount of tennis, which keeps me in good shape. Other than that, I work on our house, getting it ready to sell so my wife and I can move back to the country.

Sounds like you've come a long way from the cardboard box oldman! Your property must be beautiful provided the lake hasn't dried up! Hope you heal up fast and get back on your feet soon. Working on my cars is one of my favorite things as well but I also enjoy what I do for a living which is Finish carpentry/cabinet/furniture maker. Between those 2 things and hanging out with my Great Dane, Duesenberg I stay pretty busy.

Deusenberg??!!! That's one of the best dog names I've ever heard!!!

I like to shoot paper at a pistol range.

i jet skii in the summer, fish sometimes, play sports i dont care which one, and snowboard in the winter, besides that its school for me

Ride the motor bike ....and go far doing it if possible.

Traveling.

Campin! Tent style baby! In the middle of nowhere is even better.

All 3 at once is a uge homerun. With or without the family.

I'm trying to play guitar... :icon_kidra:

Mountain biking-well it's more like small hill biking where I live, riding a dual sport, gardening, shooting, reading and still get sucked into a video game from time to time if it's been a long day.

I Don't know if you would call this a hobby or not.But I have honey dew list every day.

Besides rebuilding cars, motorcycle riding, riding four wheeler, snowmobiling, racing and building vintage race sleds, carving logs with my chainsaw, landscaping the yard, Making litle metal choppers with junk parts, painting pictures on old saw blades, weightlifting, no boats though even though theres about 100 lakes close to my house. Sunk way too many of those things already. Thats about it.

Did both of these in the not to distant past....

Attachments

• Cropped.jpg
    Cropped.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 206
  • markcropped.jpg
    markcropped.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 216
  • ry%3D400.jpg
    ry%3D400.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 234
  • Picture 029.jpg
    Picture 029.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 220
  • Cover.jpg
    Cover.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 216
Golf instruction club building & carpentry

Kayaking, Backpacking, Camping, Fishing, Hunting, Mountain Biking, Rock Climbing, Cold Beers around a campfire, Snocross, Snowmobiling, Exploring this great country of ours....

Couple others would be Saltwater Reef tanks, Lead/pencil drawing and use to be into AMA 3D/Aerobatic and giant scale RC Planes..

With all that and my cars, more than enough to keep me off my rear.....

Going to the lake house, fishing. Just relaxing.

Attachments

• IMG_0891 copy.JPG
    IMG_0891 copy.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 196
I help build houses for Habitat for Humanity.

Besides rebuilding cars, motorcycle riding, riding four wheeler, snowmobiling, racing and building vintage race sleds, carving logs with my chainsaw, landscaping the yard, Making litle metal choppers with junk parts, painting pictures on old saw blades, weightlifting, no boats though even though theres about 100 lakes close to my house. Sunk way too many of those things already. Thats about it.

Would you be on Vintagesleds.com?
Not alot of extra time in the summer but in the winter months i like to work on vintage type snowmobiles plus a little bow and small game hunting in the fall

Last edited:
I have way to many.

Like to fish, shoot guns, ride horses with my wife, buld model planes, guitar, RC cars, looking for indian artifacts around my area, and the bigges most expensive next to the Mopars is going out to Glamis in the winter time to play in the sand.:headbang:

Attachments

• 100_4367.jpg
    100_4367.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 200
  • 100_0992.jpg
    100_0992.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 194
  • 100_1003.jpg
    100_1003.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 205
  • Har%27s%20Alumicraft.jpg
    Har%27s%20Alumicraft.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 200
Trapping, Hunting, Fishing.. Winters harsh days, like to build model cars, Work in my rather small, but easy to heat in winter garage on my cars when i can. Good thread Oldman!

Auto Transport Service
Back