• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What parts are needed to convert a ball and trunnion 833 to regular yoke?

My 60 Dart had the ball & trunion joint. I took the drive shaft to a shop that builds them and they swapped out the B & T to a U joint. Here is a pic of what they did 25 years ago. Still going strong.

100_0600.JPG

Last edited:
those are good ideas - I also have a pile of parts from later 833's so I'm asking about doing it that way.

I put in a 1965 transmission with pushbuttons and
standard style yoke in all my Max Wedges.

There is nothing wrong with the ball and trunnion setup....sturdy and reliable.

No GOOD reason to change it.

The reason I upgraded mine was because no parts were available that I could find.
That was a good reason for me otherwise I certainly would have kept it. Has someone tooled up to rebuild them?

There is nothing wrong with the ball and trunnion setup....sturdy and reliable.

No GOOD reason to change it.
Full transparency - this is a spare unit I will be unlikely to use so I want to make it as valuable as I can for others - and if offering some of the later 833 parts with it does that, then Yahtzee.
So far no one is actually answering the question I asked :thumbsup:

The reason I upgraded mine was because no parts were available that I could find.
That was a good reason for me otherwise I certainly would have kept it. Has someone tooled up to rebuild them?
Parts are readily available...a simple Google search turns up many sources...YouTube has how to videos.

Auto Transport Service
Back