• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Rear Housing?

khryslerkid

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:10 PM
Reaction score
I have a '62 Dodge Polara. Wanting to upgrade the whole rear assembly. Not looking for something as big as a Dana but would like to have both axles the same lenth for tire clearance. Which housings are going to give me this?

I remember swapping out a '64 with a '70s 456 Dana and noticed that both axles were the same. Had H50s under that car with no scraping!

I have imfo on c/c and perch measurements but nothing on axle lenths. Was it the fact that a 742 or 489 with "Sure Grip" came with equal lenth axles, or did the model of car dictate this?

Any imfo would be greatly appreciated...

I can tell you on my 63 Sport Fury I used a housing from a 65 Ply B-body and it fit perfect. It also has floating drums to eliminate the the drums with hubs that have the big nut on them. Ron

I can tell you on my 63 Sport Fury I used a housing from a 65 Ply B-body and it fit perfect. It also has floating drums to eliminate the the drums with hubs that have the big nut on them. Ron
Are your axles the same lenth?

:tired: :sleep:Thinking about highjacking "Cars Babes and Everything Else". Plenty of imformation on rears over there!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back