• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What should be under the back seat of a 67 GTX?

1967 GTX

Local time
11:25 PM
Reaction score
Just took delivery of a 67 GTX. Have the Certicard, so I removed the back seat looking for the build sheet but no luck.
I did find two small metal tags that were hooked around the springs of the lower back seat portion however. The seats are original and have not been recovered.
Anyway, there was nothing under the back seat bottom as far as carpet, insulation, sound deadener, etc. The back seat just sat on the metal floor.
Should there be anything between the back seat bottom and the metal floor?
Thanks!

My 67 GTX didn't have nothing under the seat either.

Seems like most Mopars will have a build sheet under the rear seat cushion stuffed in the springs, but some don't. Sometimes they are stuffed under the front seat, under the carpet, taped to the back of the glove box liner, or other weird places. It's been said that sometimes the build sheets never made it out of the factory so you never know. You might get lucky and find it while you are working on the car someday. As far as I know, most of the Mopars I've worked on just have a bare painted floor pan under the rear seat.

Just for info - those metal tags are the build tags for the seats only. I have all mine still attached after the seats were re-covered.

Better than the dead mouse in mine. Nothing under the seat is a lucky find! I have certicard but tore apart entire car as soon as I got it looking for build sheet. Never found build sheet and never made it back together since. Has been in shop for paint for 13 weeks now. I did get a copy of the original build card that is available from the Chrysler Historic Society.

My orig 67 GTX had nothing under the seat bottom,
did find about $2.50 in change, old French fries etc

Auto Transport Service
Back