• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What the heck is this??

bcOH67

Local time
2:16 PM
Reaction score
My sister just bought a 84 Vette…I know I know wrong forum Haha

But we found this bungie strapped around the pedal. It doesn’t appear to be doing anything except holding the pedal in a slightly positive position to raise the idle rpms…

Is this something anyone has ever seen done before? Is there a reason behind it or is it some sort of old school trick..?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

IMG_6944.jpeg

Looks like it's there to keep the pedal from coming up too high....take it off and see what it does. Chevy people seem to be sooooo innovative?? lol

My wife had a 84 Corvette and with her high heel shoes broke the gas pedal plastic bracket and the pedal flopped around.
How ? I don't know. It was still driveable. Looks like a temp fix that worked and the bracket was never replaced.

Shadetree fix for what? Keeping the pedal from coming up too high?
From the OP's description, a fix for not using the idle adjustment screw.

My guess it's there to help keep the throttle cable seated in the lever under the dash. I wouldn't remove it without looking. 84 was a one year only throttle cable I think, for the CrossFire injection, unless it's been hotrodded.

Shadetree fix for what? Keeping the pedal from coming up too high?
Naw, the pedal would move side to side mostly toward the trans tunnel. The slow and go would still function.
The wife drove hers for about 3 weeks till the new part came in.

Auto Transport Service
Back