• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What 'things' chaps your butt!?

If you have chapped ***, do not use the gold bond cooling spray. Trust me on this!!!!

Last year the flood was totally unexpected. The part of town I live in (New Town) was created specifically so that it would be safe after the previous disastrous flood of 1963. When the evacuation happened in Old Town, I volunteered to take in cats. Looked after a few including one character named Smokie for a few months because some people had no homes to return to.
This year the fire happened fast. Started at around 10:00AM, town evacuated by midnight. We left with our three cats, picked up five on the way out. A bunch more (including Smokie) have trickled in. We have 12 or 15 right now.
Just trying to do something to take some stress off of people who are under a lot of stress. Many are living in their cars in parking lots right now.View attachment 1467496View attachment 1467497
Picture of me with Smokie sitting on my WannaBee. I’m taking my life in my hands putting my face that close to him. He is one tough mofo. He is an old, crabby Norwegian Forest cat. He will literally jump up six feet and swat birds from the air. I **** you not.
Looks like the name fits him, his color and his fiery attitude. I think it’s great you did that for animals, heck some people wouldn’t do it for others, the caring about them, I mean. Again, I hope all goes well!

I am usually a happy guy but there are some things that really annoy me.

* Poor customer service.
* People that are slow or inconsiderate regarding my time.
* Clueless, gutless people that believe everything that they are told, follow every order without thinking and don't question anything.
* Weakness in spirit.
* OSHA regulations that were written by bureaucrats that never drove a nail or cut a single stick of wood.
* Those that willingly remain ignorant despite credible evidence to prove alternate points.

Seriously...I go through most of my day with a smile and laughs but then there are these things:

* Stupidly engineered cars that require near total disassembly to perform basic service.
* Neighbors that plant trees on the property line which will result in additional work for the both of us.
* Anyone or any organization that acts as if their rights are suddenly more important than mine.
* Censorship.
* Excessive regulations.
* Property taxes even when there is no mortgage on the property.

It isn't as if I am looking for things to bitch about, but if I did, I'd mention:

* The foods that taste the best to me are not healthy and make me fat.
* The cars that I like the most are not easily found in junkyards anymore.
* I don't have many car buddies and the ones that I do have don't have the interest in it that they used to have.
* The good dogs don't live long enough but the annoying dogs seem to live too damn long.
* The states with the best weather are ran by idiots. The states with great leadership are humid or really cold in the Winter.
* I learned too late that I should have spent more time with my parents before they passed.

Life isn't all complaints though. I have it pretty good compared to others that I know.
* I'm fairy healthy. Most people my age are on medication, have bad knees, high blood pressure, bad back or hips, some have weight problems or a bad heart.
* I married a great woman that supports my interests and doesn't complain about the cars or greasy clothes.
* I was able to buy a few cool Mopars before they got too expensive.
* I made it to retirement with my body and mind intact and I'm still able to work again if I choose to return.
* I found this forum and enjoy the interaction with the members here.
* I still have my hair.

Hair 1.JPG

* Poor customer service.
* Clueless, gutless people that believe everything that they are told, follow every order without thinking and don't question anything.
* Weakness in spirit.
* OSHA regulations that were written by bureaucrats that never drove a nail or cut a single stick of wood.
* Those that willingly remain ignorant despite credible evidence to prove alternate points.

Seriously...I go through most of my day with a smile and laughs but then there are these things:

* Stupidly engineered cars that require near total disassembly to perform basic service.
* Neighbors that plant trees on the property line which will result in additional work for the both of us.
* Anyone or any organization that acts as if their rights are suddenly more important than mine.
* Censorship.
* Excessive regulations.

It isn't as if I am looking for things to bitch about, but if I did, I'd mention:

* I don't have many car buddies and the ones that I do have don't have the interest in it that they used to have.
* The good dogs don't live long enough but the annoying dogs seem to live too damn long.
* The states with the best weather are ran by idiots. The states with great leadership are humid or really cold in the Winter.
* I learned too late that I should have spent more time with my parents before they passed.

Life isn't all complaints though. I have it pretty good compared to others that I know.
* I'm fairy healthy. Most people my age are on medication, have bad knees, high blood pressure, bad back or hips, some have weight problems or a bad heart.
* I married a great woman that supports my interests and doesn't complain about the cars or greasy clothes.
* I made it to retirement with my body and mind intact and I'm still able to work again if I choose to return.
* I still have my hair.
Wow KD - that's quite a list!
You've got a lot on your mind, but I agree with all that you've said.
I can speak from personally talking with you by phone and in person that you are one of the more upbeat people I know and also very approachable and good at communication.
I appreciate that you also listed the things you're thankful for.

People who park too close to my new truck. I go to great lengths to park as far out as possible, away from everyone. An odd corner of the parking lot farthest walk from entrance. And I come out and some one has parked so close I can barely open the door. The parking lot is 1/4 full, no reason for that.

People who park too close to my new truck. I go to great lengths to park as far out as possible, away from everyone. An odd corner of the parking lot farthest walk from entrance. And I come out and some one has parked so close I can barely open the door. The parking lot is 1/4 full, no reason for that.
I was at a home improvement store, middle of the parking lot. No cars near my van. Some dick weed parks so close to my passenger side, he had to duck under our mirrors

I am younger then a lot of people here, my list might be different.

First, drama at work. No one wants to go to work. You do it, because you need money and have ambitions besides eating McDonalds and paying for your cell phone bill per month. Why go there and make drama? Why not just go there, do what they want you to and go home?

Second: a lot of people, and I mean A LOT, apparently don't need to go to work and are somehow not starving to death. In modern day, working for a living and keeping your head up and not exploiting your fellow man does not get you what it did 40 years ago. Or 30 years ago, for that matter. The amount of stories about people clocking in, using their time at work to work on their "side hustle" or ripping off others to make a buck has grown exponentially in my lifetime. I was raised that money runs the world so work hard and get some. nowdays money runs the world, so do WHATEVER IT TAKES with the least effort possible including scamming your neighbors to maximize what you have. The world has filled up with used car salesmen.

Third: the stuff the FDA has approved for us to eat.

On a lighter note:
-People that drive 45mph through town, and get to the highway and continue to drive 45mph. Or the other way around. Willing to speed where it is most dangerous and blocking traffic like a tractor where it is not.
-Facebook marketplace. Craig's list was so easy, and had an actual search function. FB will show me a Chevy Camaro from Indiana before showing me the Dodge Dakota I searched for 20 miles from home. Probably with some used tires and whatever my wife looked up last on my home computer in between also. I love typing in "Dodge Monaco" and then getting 20 ads in a row for couches and semi-local garage sales and some real estate before seeing the first car listed, which will probably be a Chevy.
People's willingness to concede to use something profoundly inferior for the sake of convenience.

Has anyone mentioned bicyclists riding side by side and not forming a single line. What's even worse is a whole group of adult cyclists riding together and taking up the whole lane.

Also, joggers who jog in the street rather than the sidewalk. Then there's the really moronic joggers who have to go for a jog in the sloppy streets just after a snow storm.

Last edited:
Has anyone mentioned bicyclists riding side by side and forming a single line. What's even worse is a whole group of adult cyclists riding together and taking up the whole lane.
Middle-aged 'men' who like shaving their legs and wearing lycra. :gay:

* Poor customer service.
* Weakness in spirit.

* Censorship.
* Excessive regulations.

* I still have my hair.

View attachment 1467826
Poor spelling, grammar, and syntax no longer bothers you? :eek:

:lol:

When dining with two bears,Bob was on the menu anyways! Remember about five years ago the guy who took his girlfriend and decided to go live with grizzly bears,they ended up on the menu too! Gives eating your girlfriend a whole new meaning!

When dining with two bears,Bob was on the menu anyways! Remember about five years ago the guy who took his girlfriend and decided to go live with grizzly bears,they ended up on the menu too! Gives eating your girlfriend a whole new meaning!
Yep, one of my good flying buddies was the one that found them. I feel sorry for her outcome, he got what he deserved....

The guy was supposedly a heroin addict. They don't usually make the best decisions.

Homeowners insurance in FL. My rate went up 60% this year, on top of already high rates, and we are being told to expect another 40% next year to pay for all the insurers that are going bankrupt. My rates have nearly tripled in the last 5 years AND my deductible has also tripled while my coverage has decreased - premium this year was almost $17k with an $18k deductible. Absolutely ridiculous.

Tried shopping around, but was told my 17 year old concrete tile roof is too old - should be good for 30+. They want it to be 15 yrs old max. $80k to replace it - better off paying the exorbitant premium and hoping a storm damages it and I can get the replacement covered.

Our wonderful state legislature has passed 2 bills to help the insurers, but none of those savings are being passed to homeowners. I am fortunate that I got a bonus that covered the increase this year - definitely not what I wanted to spend it on, but it is becoming unaffordable for most people and likely means we'll have to move to retire.

I understand that hurricanes are a big risk here, but the worst damage is from storm surge. I live 20 miles inland so I only have to worry about wind damage. The odds of catastrophic failure of my concrete block house, built to the latest standards, is minimal. The whole thing is a big scam.

Auto Transport Service
Back