• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What 'things' chaps your butt!?

We have a 2 houses down in back neighbor that waits until fire season to burn the weeds along his fence line.
Sometimes on the very day the news announces a ban on burning.
Dude, buy a weed eater.
...or do what I do- don't worry about it.

$2500 dollar refrigerators that don't last 5 years! F YOU samung, lg, kenmore, etc!
I refuse to buy anything with the Samsung name on it....including phones. Yeah, had one and didn't keep it long but it was tough as it withstood the beating it got :D

People who park too close to my new truck. I go to great lengths to park as far out as possible, away from everyone. An odd corner of the parking lot farthest walk from entrance. And I come out and some one has parked so close I can barely open the door. The parking lot is 1/4 full, no reason for that.
Oh the joys of driving a 28 year old Dakota beater. If I see someone up close to the front that's taking two spaces and there's room to drive in on the left side of their vehicle..... :D:D:D And yes, I make note of their license plate just in case they go nuts and bust out my windshield when they come out lol
I still have two square and two round jugs.....but mostly use them to fill up the smaller ones. Also, these days, 4 gallons in them will usually aggravate my back. :(

This sort of sign ..... if these guys would pick up the pace, the sign would not be needed....

View attachment 1469098

45340742_10215046590332845_935437567761842176_n.jpg

Today's gas cans really piss me off but that's a thing of the past, someone was smart enough to produce a "utility jug". Because it's advertised as "utility" and not "gas" it doesn't have to have all of that BS on it, Rural King sells them and that's all that I'll buy.

What 'things' chaps your butt!?​

ADDED fees and supplemental charges.
You set your budget for one reasonable price, then the vendor or business hits you with additional charges that make the deal far less of a deal than it started out.

Waiting at a red light that last about 45 seconds or so when it turns green and everyone is texting or reading one. Each person takes about 10 seconds to look up from their phone and 4 cars make the light that 15 or so people are waiting at. This goes on all the time. Texting and driving is one of my biggest pet peeves. Add eating a burger, taking a drink of you soda while texting, while reaching over the seat to slap your kid, while your friend holds your cigarette and now my butt is really chaps.
I have a GREAT horn and it gets USED frequently on inattentive drivers.

I have a couple of the square ones & three of the older round ones... None have leaked, the square ones are easier to tie down but if your off roading & need them extra secure it would be an easy project to create pockets they can be dropped into... Here's a commercial version, they want nearly $200.... I would make something similar out of scrap & wouldn't spend $25.....

View attachment 1468588
I did have them mounted in their
own custom made bracket. I'm
thinking UV had a direct effect.
The sun here in NM is relentless.
Green or red plastic. The sun just
eats them up.

Most stuff doesn't bother me much these days except for.....child guard caps.
I chose to go through all the comments and make a list of the ones I agree with.
Yeah, that's lazy....but I read every damn one of them, too, so....
Amen on the "safety" packaging - I'm another that instantly dismantles whatever "childproof" crap
is on products I buy.
That includes that stupid strip of metal on Bic lighters that supposedly keeps kids from operating the
things but actually has the reverse affect - I pry that sucker out of there the moment I pick the lighter up.
Satisfaction is watching that thing shoot across the room upon launch. :)

Calling a company to get answers and all you get is a machine with voice prompts. Very irritating.
Yep. I firmly believe companies use those so that employees don't actually have to answer their phones
anymore; they hide behind the damn machine. Pisses me off no end...

One of my top picks is import auto parts.
Day in day out I have had to work with this fkn junk for the past several years.
Yep. ALL auto parts, really. Biggest disappointment to me is buying a brand name part that has history
in the past of being good quality, only to discover the company has cheapened the part over the years.
Sort of a microcosm of society in general, if you think about it.
/oldmansnark

Can't agree with this enough. Personal Property Tax is the single biggest frustration I have, and actively encourages me not to buy things.
When I lived in VA years ago, the damn PP tax pissed me off more than anything. You manage to pay off a
note on a car you bought, but it ain't over - ever - because you will still pay PP tax on it forever!
Bullshiyat.
Happy to live in a state where they don't do that - just don't get me started on the sales tax here, though...

I agree about taxes.
What gets me is college loan forgiveness (which is optional) yet people getting cancer treatments (mandatory if you want to live) nothing is said about forgiving their costs / debts.
Then there is the talk about reducing the national debt. Yet nothing is said about cutting "all" benefits being given to illegals that are in our country and eliminating the anchor baby process. Instead, the first thing that seems to always gets mentioned in those talks is cutting social security.
And finally the people that talk about things like this and when you ask them did they call their elected officials or do they vote they reply no.
People who don't vote get short shrift from me on anything political. To me, the bare minimum of being a citizen of
a given country is to bother to exercise your right to vote.
No, I don't want to hear "it doesn't matter if I do anyways". That's not the point at all.

Speaking on your cancer point, I hear what you're saying - but as a 6-time survivor myself, I've had my entire savings
and retirement wiped out from the cost of it. That said, I have never considered it to be anyone else's financial burden,
because it isn't - just like student loans aren't anyone else's burdens but of those who took the damn loan out to begin
with.

The tiny print directions/instructions on OTC medicine containers, paints and chemicals…etc. Additionally, the poor color choices for the contrasting lettering and background, i.e. a yellow background and light orange lettering. Plus all the leagalise BS cluttering about 75% of the item’s label.
AMEN. Wife says my eyesight is to blame. I say BS - improvements to printing processes over the years have made it
possible to print things smaller and smaller and most products take full advantage of that.
The fonts ARE smaller!

Inflation, 8% my lily white ***, it's 20%+
Since the "official" inflation figures the feds truck out have been redefined during the Obama administration, they
quietly removed a lot of what the damn figure means to most citizens - everyday costs of living aren't actually part
of the figure anymore, so when the talking head on the evening news says something like "inflation is up 1.2%",
it doesn't mean **** to you or I - and we wind up saying "bullshit" back to the TV, because we know in reality,
stuff has gone up anywhere from 25% to 50% or more since the days of Brandon.
How anyone is making it these days on a fixed income right now is a miracle to me - yet, there's no public outcry.
Why is that, you think?

Texting and driving is one of my biggest pet peeves.
Agree. Biggest cause of accidents if you ask me. I'm all the time fussing at other drivers to "look out the damn
WINDSHIELD once in a while, will ya?"? or "hey, you ain't alone out here! FOCUS!"

We have a 2 houses down in back neighbor that waits until fire season to burn the weeds along his fence line.
Sometimes on the very day the news announces a ban on burning.
Dude, buy a weed eater.
...or do what I do- don't worry about it.
Being a steward of a small portion of the tail end of the Clinch Mountains, I am VERY wary of ever burning
anything up here on the ridge - and when I do, it's out in the middle of the field somewhere, not even
remotely close to my woods.
I have several hundred feet of fence line and clearings to kill weeds on, so it's a sprayer on the tractor,
loaded with some "total kill" herbicide loaded up.

Ok, my personal biggest pet peeve?
How corporations shouldn't be in some of our most vital industries in this country - and I'll give a couple
specific examples here:
- medical industry: Prices of medical services, hospitals, surgeries, all that should NEVER be driven by
shareholder demand for constantly increasing dividends, especially in a business from all appearances
has a decided lack of competition to keep prices down.
- life safety: this one hits home with me (fire protection, 40+ years for me). For the same reasons as
stated for medical above + there is a movement currently in the industry for a few giant corporations
to run around the country and buy up smaller businesses.

The corporations are just that - corporate entities - without the slightest clue of what it is those small
companies actually do for a living.
Again, they give short shrift to experience, expertise, Codes, hell CONCERN for their fellow man who
are being served by the business - they just want that number on that spreadsheet, and will cut any
corner possible to get it, conscience or good work ethics be damned.

Whew, take a breath Ed....ok, I'm done, sorry.

What 'things' chaps your butt!?​

Sweating! This will help! :rofl:
ball dusting gif.gif

butt chapping tends to feed on itself......for example:

first chapping........when nothing is on tv and your stuck watching whatever car show is on :rolleyes:

which leads to the second chapping........ watching idiots with a TV show try to start an engine :eek:

one ******** cranking the key :drama:, the other one working the carb and twisting the distributor, shooting flames out the carb :jackoff: ; like 2 monkeys phukking a football :monkeyleft::monkeyleft: :wtf:

people watch this crap on a regular basis? my chapped *** would never heal :mad:

"my chapped *** may never heal"....... sounds like a country music song :D

now where was I? :fool:

Last edited:
butt chapping tends to feed on itself......for example:

first chapping........when nothing is on tv and your stuck watching whatever car show is on :rolleyes:

which leads to the second chapping........ watching idiots with a TV show try to start an engine :eek:

one ******** cranking the key :drama:, the other one working the carb and twisting the distributor, shooting flames out the carb :jackoff: ; like 2 monkeys phukking a football :monkeyleft::monkeyleft: :wtf:

people watch this crap on a regular basis? my chapped *** would never heal :mad:

"my chapped *** may never heal"....... sounds like a country music song :D

now where was I? :fool:
Haven't turned on a TV in many years... But I sure have seen plenty of folks who can't seem to get a engine running... And they often just keep grinding away at the starter.... Engines are not complicated... It should start very quickly & if it doesn't you don't just grid away at it.. Just begging for a flat camshaft....

I saw an episode of Graveyard Cars today.
Now, I usually defend Mark against the insults people throw his way when they are related to his personality.
Today though....
This dork was doing a fresh start on a Hemi and said how he wants to use the stock fuel pump for break in because that is what is going to stay with the engine. Then this idiot talks about how he has to crank the engine over to get the pump to prime, then to fill the carb bowls. He said that this helps the engine built oil pressure too. how long is that? 2 minutes of cranking?
Has this ******* guy ever had a cam go flat as a result of this stupid habit?
Add to it that jerkoff "Cousin Douggie", an obvious victim of fetal alcohol syndrome has no opposing view on this idiotic practice.

set timing 12 before....... fill the bowls.......give it 3 pumps

if you got spark, it'll start every time.......after spinning the oil pump of course

even the shows with high end shops struggle with this.....and why would they show that type of floundering?...... these guys are supposed to be the best of the best.......

as for Worman's show? it even sucks as background noise

Timing 180 out, distributor rotation wrong... Firing order, #1 @ TDC on the compression stroke... All simple things that NEED to be correct before you try to start an engine... Yes, the fuel bowls should be filled, whether you use a squirt bottle, a funnel, or an electric fuel pump.... And yes, prime the oil system using a priming rod & a drill so the engine has oil pressure quickly...

I've never watched an episode of Graveyard Cars... or most of the other shows either... Overhauling was around before I turned off my TV for the last time so I've seen enough of Chip Foose... And his crew can't start a fresh engine either..

Timing 180 out, distributor rotation wrong... Firing order, #1 @ TDC on the compression stroke... All simple things that NEED to be correct before you try to start an engine... Yes, the fuel bowls should be filled, whether you use a squirt bottle, a funnel, or an electric fuel pump.... And yes, prime the oil system using a priming rod & a drill so the engine has oil pressure quickly...

I've never watched an episode of Graveyard Cars... or most of the other shows either... Overhauling was around before I turned off my TV for the last time so I've seen enough of Chip Foose... And his crew can't start a fresh engine either..

I bet the majority of flat tappet failures are the result of an engine not firing immediately......and yet the cams get the bad rap

and then there's the stupid, dramatic music when the guys starts mixing paint; or some other menial task

or the dude standing in a cloud of sanding dust without a mask

or having 5 people block sand a car; a "block party" :jackoff: .....yeah, that works

or sending a car out to be blasted before cutting off the obvious rotted metal.....I don't understand

Auto Transport Service
Back