• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What to do with my 68 Belveder Wagon??

I learned to drive a manual on a three on the tree and am partial to that just because it's different. Can't beat a floor shifter for fun, but banging your knuckles on the dash is cool too!

I would do just what snake put up there that is bad *** and would be great to see at shows, auto or 4 spd 383 or 440 or Hemi the 6 bbl hood looks good on it.

273 is a cool little engine. Is the tree linkage in good shape? If so keep it. Many of those had a slant 6.Definitely a keeper.

If you are interested in doing the 3 on the floor, I have a conversion shifter and all the brackets that I could make you a deal on. If you want to drive it while working on the other car....that is as far as I would recommend going, or this becomes the "project" to finish before the other project gets started.

Regrommit / bush the tree shifting linkage so it works smooth and enjoy. When the motor and tranny mounts get shot and with practice it can shifts it self with just the gas pedal

Hey ; I M O ,got,s to go to 3 or 4 on t floor , more fun , more reliable , that's why I converted to the floor , from the tree . got my hump from Brewer's very happy with it ! ! !

Update...ordered the hump, bought a floor shifter, looking for a 68 4 spd handle ..gonna start the floors next week..Should be at Carlisle!!!!

UPDATE...back on the road...floors in, shifter in, new brakes, most paint work done, wheels on...definitely will be at Carlisle.. 68 Belvidere SW.jpg

taken in front of old Chrysler dealership!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back