• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Valve springs are you using.

67coronetman

Local time
8:35 AM
Reaction score
Hello everyone i am curious what Valve springs you used on the Mopar 312/590 cam i am running a set of 452 heads on a 440..

Here is why i am asking i had comp springs part # 929-16 and the rubbed my Rocker arms. Then i changed them out to a spring that was a little bit less in Outside Diameter of Outer Spring..
Then someone suggested i try the Crane springs 99838 but they are out of stock.
Comp has a valve spring close to that part # 994-16.
I just want to make sure that it is a spring that will meet the Requirements for safe operation and fit.
the spring will have to be a narrower ( Outside Diameter of Outer Spring.. ) to not rub than the comp 929-16 or 928-16

Somewhere in the 1.465 area.
Oh yes i am using the Mancini 1.5 Rockers arms kit.
Any help would be very Appreciated.

Look at beehive springs, the conical shape means they have lots of clearance at the rocker....

The Crane 99838 and Comp 994 are much too short for a BB.

How hard is the contact with the rockers? Might be a little relief cut would take care of it.
The 929’s are 1.55 diameter, which is normally not an issue on a BB.....with “most” rockers.

Auto Transport Service
Back