• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What was your first album/tape/CD?

carlos santana 8 track . i traded something for a car 8 track player and a car battery put it up in my bedroom and got it playing . those's were the days

First one I bought! First album!

DFE87E93-57FE-4E44-AB35-8F812B6F0519.jpeg

I think my 1st recording was Herman's Hermits
it was on 2 track IIRC,
I was the 3rd child,
I listened to my 2 older sisters records/tapes a lot

I think The Eric Burden & the Animals, about 10 or so
may have been Buffalo Springfield was my 1st album I actually bought

my parents listened to Motown a lot
I was in my glory, I loved that era of music, still do

I had quite a few Beach Boys, Jan & Dean, Dick Dale albums too
I was or thought I was, a little surfer/hot rod dude as a youngster

when I really started buying albums or 8 tracks or cassettes it was
my later teens, Kiss, Molly Hatchet, Ted Nugent, AC/DC, Lynyrd Skynyd,
or latter Rossington Collins, southern rock, or Led Zeppelin, Tesla, Judos Priest
I was a product of the 70's class of 77' baby
or the complete opposite spectrum, golden oldies, Motown stuff

my brother was a Beatles fan,
I didn't like them until many years later

my very first vinyl at age 11 was van Halen. that started a rock and heavy metal madness for me from metal church to Godsmack with everything in between . i was in my late teens in the 80'sView attachment 951696
I'll never forget when Van Halen's debut album came out. I was across the street at my friend's house and he played it. Totally blew me away. IMO there isn't a bad song on that album. I still listen to it on my phone when I'm mowing the lawn.

I had a lot of cassettes that my parents bought for when I was young. From what I can remember the 1st album that I actually bought myself was a 45 of Motley Crue's girls,girls,girls. I was at the mall with a friend of mine when I bought it. When we were done I called my mom on a pay phone to pick us up. She told me where she was going to pick us up, so we started walking that way. We were almost there when I realized(like an idiot) I left the 45 at the pay phone. I ran back to the pay phone and got there just in time before someone noticed it was there.

BTW- if you spin Another One Bites The Dust backwards, it clearly says "got to smoke marijuana, marijuana, marijuana".

...and it's NOT back masking!
Number 9. Number 9. ( Anybody know what I'm referring to ? )

Congratulations, you've discovered the secret message.

Send your answer to Old Pink in care of the funny farm.

The oldest records we have are the cylinder type, that we can play on our Edison gramophone that my grandparents might have bought in the 1920`s.

8 Track. Zeppelin.
Woodstock Soundtrack. Gimme an F...

8 track, I think it was Cream, then grand funk railroad.

For my 12th birthday I asked for and got the LP "There are but Four Small Faces" from the Small Faces with the legendary Steve Marriott. It contained Itchycoo Park and Tin Soldier. The LP mysteriously disappeared one day. Rumor around the house was that my Mother eventually discovered that most of the songs had drug themes so it had to go.

First LP bought with my own money was Grand Funk Railroad - Closer to Home. First 45 was CCR Bad Moon Rising.

Auto Transport Service
Back