• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What would you call the hard to find B-body parts?

Seventy

Banned
Local time
6:25 AM
Reaction score
What would you put on a list of hard to find parts (OE of course)?

Being that I am working on a 70' Bee, I can tell you grilles are a PITA to find, the headlight shields are tough to find in good shape, as are original Bumper fillers (now repopped though). AM/FM radios are tough, tic toc tacs, and pretty much any Rallye dash bezels or trims can be tough to find in good shape, R/T hood and side scoops and any tail panels, front valances, marker lights, and front fenders (damn super bird guys eating up all the fenders and parts)...

I would like to know other hard to find parts, so that if I stumble across them I know what I am looking at. Some of the stuff is obvious like the most of the stuff I listed, and 70' charger grille parts and fenders, wood grain steering wheels and horn buttons, early GTX hoods, anything v-code and hemi engine related, etc..

What would you consider "hard" to find, what have you noticed "missing" from the swap meets and super expensive when you find them?

ANYTHING for 75/76 Dodge Coronets ( trim, tail light lense, front grill, door seals)

I have always found that everything is hard to find when you have a project that really needs them.

Yup . When you need it it's no where to be found when you don't need it there's piles of them you trip over till you sell it all then 2 weeks later you need the parts agen and guess what ... There gone .
71-74 charger power budge hoods and the
71-72 r/t tail lights
Trunk lids and fenders for 71-74 (in good shape)

Anything that's one-year-only, anything that was easily lost and disposable back in the day (yes Rallye dash wiper switch... I'm talking about you!), anything that was commonly modified back in the day (like Rallye dash bezels), and anything that's fragile.

I think there's also a severe shortage of parts for 75 and newer cars because most of them went to the crusher instead of being saved or parted out. Anyone trying to restore an F body knows this well.

K-head valve cover gaskets. 69-70 bench seats, I looked for a bench for my 70rr forever then found a junkyard with a bunch of them. I didn't know whether to be happy or ticked off.

66 and 67 grill surrounds......any body panels...full....not "patch panels"....The guys with 68 on up have a much easier time with most parts vs the 67 on down. I could list a crapload of hard to find parts worth installing

1968-69 mid size 5 RR, GTX, Satty, Sport Satty, Belvedere
1968-69 front blinker running lights & housings the ones in the bumpers
the lenses & gaskets are no big deal, a bunch of people make & have them

but seemingly the housings & light sockets are all junk
that's only IF you can actually even find any... :angryfire:

Someone should repop them...

71-74 Charger parts. There is always a multitude of parts for 68-70 Chargers even though the combined numbers for 71-74's was greater. 74 was the largest sales for Charger.

original mopar clear glass windshield for a 70 Roadrunner B Body, you would think there would be more of them out there but still hard to locate.....

Excellent condition 69 Super Bee fenders and decklids.

Hell of time finding a working AM/FM thumbwheel radio for a 69 white whale I tell ya!

Heater control valves for 1968 B-body
Heater cores for 1967-69 B-body w/ A/C
HVAC controls for 1968 B-body w/AC

Auto Transport Service
Back