• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What would you call the hard to find B-body parts?

Try looking for a working Gauge cluster for the 67' Charger. I can't believe they run 240 volts or so in that dash for that speedo.
No they dont.

The high voltage inverter was for the chrysler/phillips lighting "electroluminescent" gage backlighting.

Chrysler was a prime contractor on the nasa space program, and joint developed the electro luminescent panels for the spacecraft. They needed to be light, vibration resistant, and durable.

If your electro luminescent dash does not light up, the most likely culprit is a bad power inverter. The gage backlighting on those rarely goes bad.

I believe the speedometer is cable driven as well, just like any other chrysler product. Electrically driven speedometers and their rev counters in the transmissions were introduced on late 1985 for 1986 models of FWD G body chrysler laser and daytona with analog speedometer, the exception is any chrysler product earlier than that with a digital speedometer such as the 1981-1983 imperial, and 84-85 daytona/laser with didital dash option. Then eventually added in to other production chryslers of that timeframe. By 1988 every FWD chrysler speedometer was electronic operated except for L body omni horizon vehicles, RWD, and trucks.

Last edited:
The lighting is what I was referring to, not the speedometer it self. I was typing in one direction and thinking in another. mentalpause!

You wanna know what's hard to find? Retards on craigslist that know how to use a reply button or a cell phone voicemail.

I nicknamed mine H-D for Hundred Dollars. Its like thats the minimum buy in price on everything.

Unobtainium. Rear Valance 69 R/T and 500.

Really? The 1974 model outsold the 1969?

No, but 73 sure did. If 74 had the best sales, they wouldn't have made the sin of 1975.

charger sales.gif

68 Coronet R/T inside upper door emblems.

67 Coronet grill surrounds that aren't smashed.

Unobtainium. Rear Valance 69 R/T and 500.
Nobody reproducing the Panel? A good friend recently did purchase a reproduced 68' GTX trunk finish panel recently, maybe the 69' R/T isn't far behind.

Back to the original topic, hemi blocks seem almost impossible to find without breaking the bank.

hemi block.jpg

Hmm...Old thread and I forget what I may have written so I will try again...
1970 Charger parts:
Grille.
Valance.
Fenders.
Hood.
Radiator overflow jug.

& the OP was banned :lol:

the 68-69 GTX Satty Belv. RR both front blinker housings
USED & good, that the light socket isn't a rusted out POS

Edited;
I meant to say the running lights/blinker housing for the
running lights/blinkers in the front bumpers
of all the Mid size 5 1968-69 Plymouths
NOT the little blinkers indicators up on the front fenders
I don't know about them:)

Thanks though

Last edited:
I remember the OP...sort of a braggart and a bit abrasive, right?

1968 Coronet/Super Bee deck lid...if you can find one in decent shape, you can expect to start paying at $500.00 US and go up from there, never been reproduced by anyone as of yet! Fiberglass lids are available, still not cheap, but at least there is "sorta" an option.

Are you guys talking about hard to find original stuff repop stuff or both?

I'm not too particular about it being repop stuff. Some guys dont like repops though.

I was always a B body fan, still am. I got back into the hobby back in 2008 after being absent since 1996. The whole married, house, family thing does that sometimes. I wanted another 68 or 69 charger. Went looking on the net and was shocked that mostly stripped basket case 68/69 chargers with clean titles were going for $3,500-$5,000. I said screw that. I went A body with a 67 notchback barracuda. Still effing expensive to do if you ask me, but the buy in was much cheaper.

I have a mix of repop, used, and nos parts for my project. I buy repop stuff for 2 reasons. Availability, and price. My car is never going to be Buyit Jackman car auction material.

I have a 69 notchback as a future father and son project. A week ago i bought a bunch of parts including a set of nos front turn signal lamp lenses that the seller assured me were 69 barracuda, still in the box with chrome buttons/reflector cups and gaskets $100. Nos is nos, no need to see a pic if they are in the box i figure. Well when the package got to my house and i opened it, they were perfect condition, however, i could tell right away they were they were 68s and wont fit. I knew as soon as i opened the boxes. I resold them within 2 days of listing them and made a few extra dollars on them. Found a set of repop 69s complete with gaskets and chrome buttons/ light reflector cups. Exact copies except no pentastar on the lens. $69 shipped. I could care less if they were repop or not.

I say this because at this point you could damn near build a whole 68/69 charger out of a catalog with all nee parts minus vin number lol. I know hot rod did that years ago with a dynacorn 69 camaro convertible body and did it with all nee parts. Chargers are getting real close to having every part repopped and new. You got to take out a second mortgage on your house to do this, but its doable.

Last edited:
1966 and 1967 Coronets are among the worst. Even though they look alike there are a multitude of differences. Bumpers, grilles, fenders, trunk lid, lettering, and seemingly everything in between.

& the OP was banned :lol:

the 68-69 GTX Satty Belv. RR both front blinker housings
USED & good, that the light socket isn't a rusted out POS
are the darts fender blinkers the same as the B bodies? I guess I should look in the parts book
rather than ask.

are the darts fender blinkers the same as the B bodies? I guess I should look in the parts book
rather than ask.
Not sure about that but I can tell you a '68 Bee fender indicator matches a '68-9 Cudaa and nothing else.

Auto Transport Service
Back