• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What year and model is this MOPAR?

64SF

Local time
10:53 PM
Reaction score
It's sitting near a vacant mobile home. I recognize most Chrysler models but some I have no clue...any know what this is? I haven't walked up to it for fear of trespassing. Thanks.

What is this Mopar.jpg

Looks a lot like a 74 Newport also, hard to say from that distance.

It's a 1977 Chrysler Newport. A New Yorker will have extra chrome along the entire lower edge of the doors, quarters, fenders.

I owned one of these many years ago. It had a 400 engine in it.

I think that even these old dinosaurs are worth keeping around. True, there not much for looks. Well maybe in a hoopty kind of way, but their rides were incredible! Not to mention that they are Mopar pedigree and nobodies making them anymore.

Think its a Newport

1973 and 5 New Yorker here

Attachments

• new yorker.jpg
    new yorker.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 226
  • new yorker1.jpg
    new yorker1.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 257
Back in the early 80s my Mexican buddy had one...dingle barriers and all ...still remember skipping school and him playing beastie boys ALL DAY LONG.

I apologize. It is as stated above. A 78 New Yorker. I had one of those too. Mine had a 440 in it.

I'm slipping !!!!!! What else can I say??? LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Photons photos jarred my memory. The Newport tail lights are different.

100% 1975 - 1978 New Yorker Brougham. The subtleties that exist among the four years are impossible to see in that very grainy picture.

Auto Transport Service
Back