• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's a survivor 69 charger worth?

A friend of mine asked me to store a 65 Nova behind my garage until he found a storage spot for it. There were 7 cars wrapped in green camo tarps back there,I said ok,but don't tell my wife your car is here. I told him when they are wrapped,she cannot tell one from the other,and she never goes back there. But as my luck goes,one day she did,and said,I don't know what that car is under that tarp,but I know it's not a Charger! Busted!

Last edited:
The time to buy it...

...is when you see it.

* from American Pickers.

I'd snag it, even if you aren't keeping it.

YOU know the market for these cars. The owner apparently does not. You can target your resale to people who recognize and WANT these, once you get it cleaned up and running, and make money on it.

In a garage, with a concrete floor (no ground moisture), it should be in pretty good shape. Most importantly - and I'm finding this with my own '70 survivor (bought it a week ago, out of Gainesville FL) - is that EVERYTHING should be there. My car has all the original nuts, bolts, screws, trim, lenses - everything. That, is worth as much (if not more) than "the car" is.

For 15k? Buy it, smile, and say thank you. Get it home, feed it some fuel, get it running...and decide what you want to do. If it cleans up real nice, she may even say "oh...OK...we can keep it"!

or after you get it cleaned and running, give it TO her. My wife used to give me grief if I spent too much time in the garage...until I gave her an old car she had been wanting for an anniversary gift.

Time for a new avatar for @Bb70charger500 ... standing in front of his new Charger :poke:

:D

According to Hagerty, a 1969 base Charger 318 in fair #4 condition is worth $20K. #3 good condition is $29K. If this car has been sitting for 40 years, like you said, there’s no way it’s #3, and it’s not even #4 because it doesn’t run.. After sitting around for 40 years, I’m sure nothing mechanical on that car is in good condition.

I've been there a bunch there not very open minded I'm white they don't like me so I need to come up with plan b bringing my black buddy maybe I'll get more then a no owner isn't here

Normally the suggestion would be "briefcase full of cash", but if it's that bad of a neighborhood...

Yeah you don't bring that kind of money to that area ! White people avoid this area especially at night . Me on the other hand I just make sure I got more bullets then them !
The area has gotten better over the years but it's drug dealers and crack whores ! I feel bad for the people that have to live there because of cost of rent in better areas !

Just make it known that you owe him money and you need to pay him back. Word will get to him and he'll magically appear.
Were you born yesterday or what?:poke:

:lol:

I pulled a Roadrunner out of a very depressed neighborhood in a mid size city of Alabama. (I will spare the name since I only saw a small portion of that town) This was during the 2008-09 recession. It was not a pleasant experience. Although it was prominently African American? I didn't get the sense of racial tensions. Black, White and Latino folks all seem to agree. "This place sucks!" I towed the car just 2 miles across a river to Georgia. And it was like I was back in America. Being a Yankee from Minnesota. I didn't want pry too much on the narrative "What the hell is going on across the river?" I said. "It looks as if economic woes have really hurt the folks there in Alabama. The gal with very awesome southern accent, and with as much respect as she could muster. "We all don't care much for that bridge during any time." Just another Mopar rescue story.

@Bb70charger500
Is today 'THE' day????
28BC3C65-4BFB-4687-A593-CAF5599F76B7.jpeg

Yeah you don't bring that kind of money to that area ! White people avoid this area especially at night . Me on the other hand I just make sure I got more bullets then them !
The area has gotten better over the years but it's drug dealers and crack whores ! I feel bad for the people that have to live there because of cost of rent in better areas !

Drug dealers and crack whores! Sounds like you’ll be getting a car and a Party!! Lol

It could end up being unobtanium based on the picture that's being painted.

I'm still trying twice a week and my brother in-law twice a week!
If it's buyable I'm buying it !
I told him were going about this wrong we should bring a brick of snow or huge bag of weed and say even trade! I bet that title will come flying out!

Until you find out he's a retired LEO.

I hope you do get it, but it's starting to sound like you're chasing a ghost. Good luck, though!

Auto Transport Service
Back