• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what's everyone using for wax nowadays?

I just use turtle wax "Wax and Dry". (I think I got the name right) It's easy, I also use it once a year on my motorhome.

bry

I buff my Belvedere and DD every spring with Meguiars Ultimate polish. After that the Belvedere gets sealed with Cerakote and the Bronco Sport gets Mothers Hybrid. All three are easy to use and provide a brilliant luster.
Jerry

1709871315865.png

Good question. I'm still in the carnauba paste wax and rub-till-yer-arms-fall-off crowd.

I’m not sure I use any wax, anymore. The old cars are polished to death with the 3M Perfect-it line, then maintained annually with polish, not wax. For daily drivers I’ve polished and started using ceramics from Adam’s. I was hesitant to use ceramic but it’s been good. That added layer resists the scratches from weekly car washes and added some depth to a fresh polish. Easy to maintain when done too.

I’ve grown quite fond of McGuires line of ceramic wash & wax, liquid wax and spray detailer. Works especially well and is durable on my daily drivers.

I have used wizard products for a few years now.
They have a decent wax/polish that will still bead water after 3 or 4 trips to wash the car.
For a quick clean up they have ( mist & shine)
Also the have a decent spray on for flat or matte single stage black that protects from tree sap, bird crap, and does not chaulk up.
All silicone free.

I'm still using Liquid Glass from years ago. I score a few exrtra cans before the EPA forced them to change. I love the way it builds and handles high heat. Almost self repairs scratches.

All cars now GTechniq Ceramic. Rinse, foam, gentle body brush, blower to dry. Try not to muck up all the high dollar correction that was done. Even the 69, painted in the 80’s. By the way, Graphene is not as good as Ceramic if you shop for $$$ shine solutions.

Collinite 845, it goes on easy and comes off easy. I’ve tried almost everything and nothing comes close…
IMG_4648.jpeg

I always used Mothers or Meguirs products. Just tried some products from chemical guys. Really like the results.
20240308_185215.jpg
20240309_103703.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back