Since the 68 GTX vert is up and running (but needs a resto - and will take place when the other projects are finished) I am currently building two 408s (one for the '69 Barracuda which is 90% complete) and one for the '35 Ply coupe (which is only 30% complete). The '69 just needs the new motor dropped in. The '35 has the rear setup ... tubs installed, 9" shortened and installed, 4 link/coilovers installed. The MII is in as well as the Flaming River steering column. The last thing I did which was over a month ago now was to mock up the engine & trans mounts. Other than that, not much else going on. ;) Oh ya, I just ordered a new exhaust system via Summit for Joyce's '71 Swinger and saved $30 thanks to 5wndwcpe. That will go on next week when it arrives.
I am working on cleaning the interior of one of my 1970 Chargers today. It was missing a piece of stainless trim on the drivers window (now fixed) which allowed alot of dust to get in while in storage. The other project for this weekend is to work on polishing and painting two old Vector wheels that I bought for my WHS Charger.....
Building a mopar chassis street stock race car. its a 73 B body front and rear stub. built at 110 inch wheelbase. it will have an aspen body. LOTS of fab work here.This WAS a straight super late model that was raced last year. it was an old car and I got a great deal on it for what i neaded.
This week I got the cowl cover off and the replacement fitted.
Then I drilled about 200 MORE spot welds and removed the front framerails and radiator shroud.
Monday I will weld the replacement rails in. I got a front "clip" with good rails and shroud attached but the rear cross member was swiss cheese. We tacked a piece of 2x2 between the rails before removing it so we could maintain the spacing. I also welded an XV Motorsports front rail frame stiffener under the radiator to stiffen the front end of the rails.