Separate names with a comma.
'63 Dart ragtop.
The wife must be thrilled at this progress!
She is at least sore from the progress.
Progress has slowed, partially due to my Parkinson's Disease plus seven weeks ago my wife had major foot surgery and has been unable to put any weight on it. She refuses my suggestion to motorize her scooter. I purchased a complete U.S. Car Tools Body Stiffening kit and am installing it. My radiator support was mangled pretty badly so I took their support and modified it to use as a stand-alone unit. I think it does a fine job myself. I have the frame connectors welded in and had the front shock tower braces all welded in and was trying to patch a couple of small holes in the left inner fender, behind the battery box and found that it was mostly filled with heavy primer. Now I'm cutting out the inner fenderwell to replace it. Once that's done, I'm going to cut loose the rear fenderwells and tub this old girl and relocate the spring perches. Then the torque box braces get welded in. Once those are done, it's rotisserie time and off to the media blasters. Then the fun begins.
Hang in there, one thing at a time and you will get it done.
I have other projects too. The parking brake went out on my big toy and I could only purchase the linings for it and had to remove the lining and rivet the new linings on myself. It's been a fun day. When I got it on a foreclosure, the exhaust was missing so I welded up a stainless steel one just for shits and giggles. I know it's not a b body but it'll go places one can only dream about and it has a 50,000 lb. winch on front. I drove this thing up a hill the guy riding shotgun had to crawl up damn near on his belly. He was worried something would happen. I drank a couple of cold ones while waiting for him. Too much to do, no rest for the stupid, 41dodge
Hey man, the project is looking very good......nice welding!!!
How's everyone doing with this quarantine? I've been caring for a wife after surgery two months ago and isn't allowed to put any weight on it. In between time, I welded in the U.S.C.T. shock tower braces and on the drivers side I noticed a few pin holes and when I tried to patch tig weld them shut, it blew big holes in the inner fenderwell. I found that battery acid had eaten the hell out of it and the previous owner had just sprayed a ton of epoxy primer to fill it all in. I spent nearly two weeks getting the inner fenderwell out, leaving the shock tower support. I think I'm about ready to start welding the replacement in. I did make up braces so that everything will go back in place exactly as it was before I cut anything.
I really appreciate someone like you who cannot look away form shit work someone else did, and takes the time and effort to fix things properly. Well done, and thanks for the pics!!!
I guess I'll drop these here
WOW, that's fresh and beautiful...
body in white lol
Not much since my last report,however long ago??? Now? I'm just tryin to survive this DAM BUG!!!!!! Stay Safe!!!!!
Are you sick? Damn. I hope you get better...
I fabbed up a shroud for my electric fan this week. Just have to seal it up and I should be ready for Summer.
I wish I could work on my car, but it's still in storage for a few more weeks. The engine will be assembled this month and dyno'd. All I'm trying to get done is get all the parts together I need for the swap. The linkage is still a bit of a mystery, as far as what I need. But I've pretty much got everything else figured out.
Better weather is coming.
Had a busy day yesterday, replaced the radiator and hoses, motor mounts, freeze plugs, mini starter, and stainless trans lines. Got my disc conversion kit from mp and all my suspension components from pst that's going to be the next thing to tackle. Shes no show car or a restoration right now just a driver.
No car stuff for me lately but I have been doing some plumbing stuff and making the last of my fence panels. Plumbing stuff is for a new main to the house since we had to fit existing house/garage with fire sprinklers because the new garage required them. Will have to dig some trenches to run it, especially in front of my car. I'll get to play on a mini excavator for that! I have not been on any equipment for a few years so I'm looking forward to playing with my Tonka Toy rental. I made up the fence panels the last two weeks, mounted them to the poles then put the first wave panel on yesterday. Looks pretty neat.