• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whats everyone working on?

Cleaned up my winter wheels and tires, got them installed and went for a test drive.. LOL
f150tirechangeovernov182019 007.JPG
beeandbirdtoshopfall2018 005.JPG

f150tirechangeovernov182019 020.JPG

LOL Bart, guess you missed the "joke" in there. As for snow.. not a big deal, it's in the yard a good 5 months a year here. Not much you can do about it when you need to move the cars. My Bee was driven in the snow for years.. and of course why the entire floor pan is new...

Just put new AMD power bulge hood on my 72 Charger. Looks great. Will get it painted later. Completely changed the image of the car..

Thanks for that.

What is the question???
Meaning it is upside down when the bed is closed? Sorry, I guess I am not too swift this morning. But if that is what you mean, all I can say is that it is correct where it counts! ;-)

tailgate.jpg

Finally started working on the '68 again this past weekend. Needing rear frame rails and trunk floor has been a major hurdle. I finally came up with a plan that I am confident in.

I blocked the rear end to the shock crossmember and removed the shackles to relieve any stress on the rails. The rear tail panel is good, but the valence and crossmember were both shot. The frame rails had 26" removed. I pulled everything out in one piece so I can maintain reference measurements. You can just see the ends of the square tubing that spans from the trunk hinge plates to the tail panel and a crossbar with vertical measurements down to the tops of the frame. I will get the frames tacked in, rear crossmember located and rear valence test fit, then remove the panels, finalize the frame, slip in the 1 piece trunk floor, then reinstall the crossmember and tailpanel and massage them all together.

I still need to get our the rest of the bad trunk panel, but then it is on to blasting all the mate and/or hidden areas and getting welding.

Yes, that is a trailer light connector in the middle of the tail panel... I kind of like it now. Maybe I'll just put a new one in there. I'm having the hitch powdercoated and I'll be reinstalling it as well.

20191208_224815 small.jpg

Finally started working on the '68 again this past weekend. Needing rear frame rails and trunk floor has been a major hurdle. I finally came up with a plan that I am confident in.

I blocked the rear end to the shock crossmember and removed the shackles to relieve any stress on the rails. The rear tail panel is good, but the valence and crossmember were both shot. The frame rails had 26" removed. I pulled everything out in one piece so I can maintain reference measurements. You can just see the ends of the square tubing that spans from the trunk hinge plates to the tail panel and a crossbar with vertical measurements down to the tops of the frame. I will get the frames tacked in, rear crossmember located and rear valence test fit, then remove the panels, finalize the frame, slip in the 1 piece trunk floor, then reinstall the crossmember and tailpanel and massage them all together.

I still need to get our the rest of the bad trunk panel, but then it is on to blasting all the mate and/or hidden areas and getting welding.

Yes, that is a trailer light connector in the middle of the tail panel... I kind of like it now. Maybe I'll just put a new one in there. I'm having the hitch powdercoated and I'll be reinstalling it as well.

View attachment 879291
It's all that "massaging" that can really be a pain in the ***! It's looking good man! We did a floor pan, tail panel and RH quarter panel on my 69 4 door Coronet, and it was quite a bit of work!!!

I believe it. The key for me was a 3 way laser and 12" calipers to be able to get good references off the tubing structure along with removing everything in one chunk so I can get dimensions and assembly methods off of it. I KNOW the aftermarket parts wont be right, but I know where the body and suspension points need to be and the rest is along for the ride.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back