• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's For Dinner????

I was talking about this a while/few min.'s ago,
with another great helpful & contributing member

Last night I made

baked bacon wrapped beef fillets

baked lemon pepper seasoned quartered

baked buttermilk biscuits {Pillsbury canned}

a green salad, sweet peppers, carrots, tomatoes, etc.
balsamic/virgin olive oil dressing

I think I may do pork ribs tonight,

baked beans I made a week or so ago, in the crock pot,
than store the rest in the freezer
or a 3 bean salad maybe haven't made up my mind yet

probably cornbread, have to have cornbread once a week or more

maybe a cottage cheese & fresh cut fruit on top,
strawberries, blue berries, grapes, Mandarin oranges
a little ground cinnamon & little honey

gotta' keep the dog & dad fed well & happy

we do eat well, if nothing else

Last edited:
Smoking a tri-tip...the official meat of CA!

Hmmm...corn bread. I need some 'o that. About time for a meatloaf too.
I do love me some cornbread

goes great with crock pot meals too

I like to make beans, chili or chili & beans

Split Pea soup is a good one when it's cold out

I make a great New England, but with a "California" style Clam Chowder
I make a pretty decent Manhattan, but with a "California" style Chowder too

I love soups, especially when it's cold outside

I'm good at pastas, well sort of, I think I am anyway
I like the noodles al dente/a bit firm, no soggy
I mix it up with white or golden mushroom soups & make a nice thick sauce
some fresh mushroom sliced nice & thick {I like my sauces chunky}
or
A nice red sauce/gravy tomatoes/diced & paste, with lots of garlic &
link pork sausage, cut into 3/4" chunks browns with the garlic 1st,
like poor-man meatballs :poke:
sometimes I do primavera with veggies in it too,
kind of mix it up for something different

Last edited:
Cornbread and pinto beans cooked in ham. That's as southern of a dish as you can get. Thinking about it even brings out my southern accent.

My Great Grandmother got me started on cornbread and buttermilk when I was about six years old. Yum yum!

Here's a cornbread story...lol.
Back in the day, during a break in service, I was a prison guard in Texas. During a short stint in medium security I had to take turns as a meal room guard occasionally.
This room was big enough to hold 600 inmates sitting and eating. We had to stand at the walls in six spots, armed with handguns and pump shotguns. Also behind the servers as they doled out food. Well, one fine noontime a big ole fella decided to test the new guy, me. This dude was like 6' 4" and 275lbs of pig eyed meanness. He lumbered up the line and got his tray and slammed it down on the slides. Right away getting everyone's attention. I think it pissed him off when I didn't jump. So he moves along the line bumping into lesser men and generally acting like an ***. he gets to the cornbread server and receives his two hunks of bread. Not good enough, he reaches into the pan and grabs two more. No,no. He looked directly at me and smiled as he did it. Now, I had been warned about this ploy, his intent was to draw me away from the wall behind me and out into the open, as well as drawing the wall guards away from their stations into the open, there by allowing inmates to get behind us. He was surprised when I spoke loudly to the other guard behind the serving line with me, saying, " Hey Fred, anybody back here moves, kill 'em." Fred obliged me by racking a round into the chamber. that got everyone's attention. I walked up to the asshole and gently picked up the two extra cornbread's and returned them to the pan. I smiled at the idiot and said, " Move along sir, cornbread and lead don't go down well together." He stared at me with as killer a gaze as anyone ever produced and it was scary to behold. After what seemed like 10 minutes but was actually only 15 seconds or so, he smiled and moved along quietly. No trouble after that and I moved back to my spot and tried not to shake. That was the moment from which afterwards all of the inmates anointed me with the respectful title of "boss" when speaking to me. I guess I had passed some silly assed test. Fred told me later that he had seen that same play several times and that was the first time anyone had personally taken the cornbread back from the guy. Too funny. When I moved over to maximum security the Boss title followed me. They already knew.

T bones, corn and chopped Caesar salad, jewel had the steaks on sale $6.99/lb hell of a deal. The steaks alone are $120.00 ($30.00ea) at any restaurant.

tumblr_p3catpHA3S1vkzuj9o1_500.gif

Last night made burgers with shredded mozz cheese in the meat melt d American on top. First time trying that turned out amazing.

50B828B8-B45C-42B3-B2DD-33FB3E8ADB68.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back