• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's it worth?

if the car is going to be for you too keep and drive and you love 70' Cuda's - 10K be fair
Since you are gonna be way north of 60K before you get done with it (if u wanna put it back to a stock 440 U code car).

otherwise I would not mess with it.

I have had a bunch of E-Bodies - and they are expensive as hell to fix up. and to boot there are all kinds of things that are 70' only and tough to find.

Bill

Correction: It was a 340 car; NOT a big block. Sorry about that.

Photos may help to narrow it down price/value wise too
otherwise, it's a wild *** guess as far as value concerned

condition, condition, condition
or losts of rust or lil' to no rust ?
& what if any, other parts that come with it ?
has it been sitting on dirt for all that time ?
then the price goes down
hopefully, it was undercover & on pavement or concrete
price/value could be better, price goes up

again not seeing it,
it's extremely hard to put a value on anything

a SB car is worth a lil' less I'd assume

since it's just a roller,
no engine, no fender-tag (seems a MoPar big deal), no #'s matching etc.
(can be a big hit like 25%+ less value, of any state the car is in, friend or not)
hopefully, it has a clear title

good luck

:xscuseless:

Nothing wrong with a 340 4 gear cuda..

There won't be any pictures forthcoming; it's crammed pretty tightly into the chicken barn, with a tarp over it. It's kind of a catch 22... You can't see much of it unless you move a bunch of crap out of the barn first to even get to it; and he doesn't want to do that unless he knows for sure it's leaving. He doesn't want to have to cram it all back in there again.
But I think some of you boys are right - let him set the price, or at least the price range, and go from there. I trust his word concerning the condition and completeness of the car, so the price is the only issue... well, that and do I really want to take on another ground-up project.:rolleyes:

I agree, let him set the price range but I wouldn't shake hands on it until it came out of the chicken coupe. Memory of condition can be a funny thing. Furthermore if it's been awhile since he has looked at it, it may have gone to crap, who knows?. Losing a friendship or one of you feeling butt hurt about the deal isn't worth it.

Memory of condition can be a funny thing. Furthermore if it's been awhile since he has looked at it, it may have gone to crap, who knows?

I'm hip. Or the mice may have destroyed the wiring. But I may want to replace the harnesses anyway.

Just go buy it and decide after if you want to keep it or not. If not someone else will buy it off you and probably be very appreciative of the opportunity

Lots of folks got the right idea, just be careful not to mess up a good friendship in the process.. both are hard to come by. You may offer an idea to sell it back if you decide to turn it loose sometime and that may ease things. A handshake deal must be upheld and still matters to us older generation guys. Best of luck hope you get it!

Make a weekend trip out of it, find a place to stay nearby and make it happen... maybe your level of commitment will be your best friend!

Auto Transport Service
Back