• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's the deal with factory reproduction batteries?

I bought a napa group 27 lead acid 800cca battery in 2014 and still use it on the car. Have a battery tender on it all the time. I have thought about getting the battery toppers to make it look the part but otherwise it fits the stock tray like it was made for it.

Still using the group 27 I got from Antique Auto Battery around 2006. I always keep a new battery with me at shows with the simulated caps as a backup but never needed it.

They sell red, green n yellow caps along w Mopar stickers for your Napa battery. I have them on my Autozone battery. You can partially see it in the bottom right. View attachment 1182064

I went this route too....and its been working great. Plus, it saved me like $200 for a great battery.

Here’s my battery sprayed black. Added red sticky letter and numbers of various sizes that were obtained from Lobby Hobby. Measured and spaced, applied by hand and eye, from internet pictures. Cover sprayed a clear coat and hot glued Cola bottle caps on the, sanded smooth, factory battery caps. It was done almost 5 years ago and still looks great. Some items were custom cut by me.

BB11604D-FBFA-4363-AD38-5D2780BCEED0.png 65DC8E64-2F10-4F16-9EE7-A8BDBFF1CC55.png 92B03646-8EEF-4C66-B0D2-A06CF4AE981E.png

Anyone purchased from Jim's this year? Left message but no call back as of yet.

Auto Transport Service
Back