• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whats the latest on the Victor mw head combos out there?

Great informative thread. Thanks for sharing.

Anyone following this thread interested in a 520?
440 block with Molnor rotating assembly. Trick flow 240 heads with trick flow intake and roller cam. Top notch build in every way could provide more details if there’s any interest 92 pump gas motor never installed in a car only broke in on a run stand $12,750 only needs carb
PM if serious buyer

Last edited:

Heres another from weekend before with Electric fans. Water pump belt driven.

Here's the latest vid. 1150 dominator, home ported Indy intake and electric water pump and 12.5:1 compression. Up from 11.25:1.

Here's the latest vid. 1150 dominator, home ported Indy intake and electric water pump and 12.5:1 compression. Up from 11.25:1.

Next outing will be with this set up and same 270 flat tappet cam.

IMG_0959.JPG

After looking and comparing some other combos, big Hemi's included, I think that dyno is a bit on the happy side. The 557 runs good, but i don't think that good with those heads.

So, how much power does it take to go mid-8’s @156+ at 3400lbs?

Everyone says the track results tell the tale...... what’s the verdict?

Ok, now we get the other part of the story.
1. who worked on those heads?
2. what work was done on these heads exactly?
we are not getting the whole story with CNC E heads. I do know a sb440 running mid 8's with 888hp in a duster. I don't think he weights 3400, but i would guess 3300 with driver. With this comparison, i would think 1000hp would do better than mid 8. What does the cam look like in that 557?

Ok, now we get the other part of the story.

Apparently you didn’t watch the Bangshift video.
8.71@156, a few years ago...... when the motor was about 950hp.

The car is a legal SS/D and SS/C car with a Hemi, which would have to weigh at least 3570 in D and 3340 in C.
He puts the big wedge in it to go bracket racing.
He also has a SS/AH car.

The best anyone running one of those E body cars in SS/C or SS/D last year with a legal SS Hemi was 9.30’s.

8CEE2125-39A3-40A7-B020-B3CC4A8D9361.jpeg

In the dyno video he comments that the best ET to date was an 8.58, which was still prior to the motor breaking the 1000hp mark.

Last edited:
Apparently you didn’t watch the Bangshift video.
8.71@156, a few years ago...... when the motor was about 950hp.

The car is a legal SS/D and SS/C car with a Hemi, which would have to weigh at least 3570 in D and 3340 in C.
He puts the big wedge in it to go bracket racing.
He also has a SS/AH car.

The best anyone running one of those E body cars in SS/C or SS/D last year with a legal SS Hemi was 9.30’s.

View attachment 1088780

In the dyno video he comments that the best ET to date was an 8.58, which was still prior to the motor breaking the 1000hp mark.
Ok, i won't disagree with the facts you show, but what's the story on the heads? Who did them? How big are the ports? What did they do to the bowls and seats/valves? What size is the intake port? We have spoke about these "under performing heads" before. I think it was RAMM that said these heads are not capable of making more than 800hp with a lot of work. Do you think that maybe they just need a lot of motor under them?

I think it’s pretty obvious that motor is making well north of 800hp.

How would I know what’s done to those heads? I didn’t build the motor.

You asked for what the latest was with BB Victor head combos.
I answered that by posting the video of the engine on the dyno, and there is video of the car running the numbers that support the dyno results....... and then all the “that can’t work” blather starts.

I think it’s pretty obvious that motor is making well north of 800hp.

How would I know what’s done to those heads? I didn’t build the motor.

You asked for what the latest was with BB Victor head combos.
I answered that by posting the video of the engine on the dyno, and there is video of the car running the numbers that support the dyno results....... and then all the “that can’t work” blather starts.
Sorry, i thought you may have knew more about those heads. My mistake. Thanks for posting and have a nice day.

Sorry...... Didn’t mean to come across harsh.

In the video they say the heads are CNC’d at Hughes.
I don’t know what or if anything other than that has been done to the heads.
But they do seem to be getting the job done, on the dyno and the track.

Sorry...... Didn’t mean to come across harsh.

In the video they say the heads are CNC’d at Hughes.
I don’t know what or if anything other than that has been done to the heads.
But they do seem to be getting the job done, on the dyno and the track.
No problem Dwayne. Yeah , I would say so, they are doing very well. Must be the Big Mouth CNC they advertise. I didn't hear that part in the vid, but ok. It's looking like compression and cubic inch makes this head shine. Darin Morgan mentioned something interesting about the bowl area just under the seat needing to be no larger than 90% of the valve size. Any bigger and flow drops right off. You once said that area as well as the bowl of this MW victor was unusually large in that area. Do you remember the measured spec right under the seat on these heads?

It’s not the diameter of the bowl where they’re talking about the 90%....... it’s the “throat”, which is usually just below the valve job.
Many modern porting jobs on new heads will have the largest bowl diameter measurement be very close to, or sometimes even bigger than the diameter of the valve.
Even the TF240 head has the max bowl diameter the same size as the valve(2.19”).
I don’t recall what the Hughes ported Victor bowl diameter was, but it’s at least as big as the valve.

The throat diameter would be right at about 90% though.

Edit- looked at my notes....... throat diameter for CNC Victor from Hughes......
Intake = 1.990
Exhaust = 1.590

The rundown on the engine in the vid is at the 8:10 minute mark.

Last edited:
It’s not the diameter of the bowl where they’re talking about the 90%....... it’s the “throat”, which is usually just below the valve job.
Many modern porting jobs on new heads will have the largest bowl diameter measurement be very close to, or sometimes even bigger than the diameter of the valve.
Even the TF240 head has the max bowl diameter the same size as the valve(2.19”).
I don’t recall what the Hughes ported Victor bowl diameter was, but it’s at least as big as the valve.

The throat diameter would be right at about 90% though.
Ok, i thought that might be an issue with my MW victors. I currently have the 2.200 valves in them. Do you think it would be an increase in performance if i had 2.250 valves installed with a new vj? Thanks for clearing that up.

If that car is a legit 3400 the motor in the video is pretty damned impressive. No matter what heads are on it. Hell, its good if the car was 3000. There aren't many 8.60@3400 bracket cars no matter what manufacture.
Doug

Auto Transport Service
Back