• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whats this?

xRickyBobbyx

Local time
3:08 AM
Reaction score
I have a 69 Coronet 440 sedan. I was going over the car getting familiar with it and came across this switch. There are no words on it. I have no idea what it is.

20221126_133703~2.jpg

I have a 69 Coronet 440 sedan. I was going over the car getting familiar with it and came across this switch. There are no words on it. I have no idea what it is.

View attachment 1408951
OOops. The switch to the right of it? It's aftermarket. May be fog lights or something like that.

Definitely not a factory switch. As said above, you'll have to follow the wires because no one here is going to know what that switch was wired for.

I did something similar back in the day, called disconnect the brake lights.

What is circled looks like the air flow control to that vent.
If they even had those back then. My wifes 69 440 parts car has a/c and I can look to see if no one else here knows off hand.

Last edited:
If they even had those back then. My wifes 69 440 parts car has a/c and I can look to see if no one else here knows off hand.
I have had A/C 69 B-Bodies and have never seen such a thing. If that's the case he should also have one on the right side.
I have to edit this post. My CRS must be ruling my mind. That is called a damper control. Both sides should have this.

Last edited:
That is exactly what they are. They are made of aluminum. I recently paid $35 for a pair of these for my 1969 Super Bee restoration, needed for the end vents on the vehicles with factory A/C.

I did something similar back in the day, called disconnect the brake lights.
I had that and another switch for my reverse lights. Since they are light spot lights on the Bee I didn't want to light up the entire corn field when backing out from a "parking" spot!

This is obviously an ultra rare JC Whitney accessory from 1976!

It controls 4 different functions in sequential order-

1. It remotely folds the rear seat flat.
2. Activates the rear windows blackout mode.
3. Energizes and lowers the Disco Ball.
4. Directs the 400 watt stereo to play "Let's get it on" by Marvin Gaye. ( I'm your Boogeyman by KC & the Sunshine Band was an additional charge)

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Uh, it opens the a/c vent. Not a switch
Yeah here I am looking on my phone, blowing it up thinking what the F;$8 kind of switch do they see…. All I see is the lever to adjust the vent!!

Yeah here I am looking on my phone, blowing it up thinking what the F;$8 kind of switch do they see…. All I see is the lever to adjust the vent!!
I was looking at what was inside of the big white circle and thinking the same thing !
OP did say a switch though so they were all looking for said switch.:luvplace:

They are just tiny levers/knobs to open or close those side vents.
Jigsaw:

12F537A3-83F6-49D0-BFBF-D0B8688C3938.jpeg

The knob is missing but here is vent open.
9B899437-65E5-4067-A0BD-5EA374D11F98.jpeg

Vent closed.

ACE527A1-207A-45DD-97FA-9BDF86527F14.jpeg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back