• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's Up With This Ebay Add?

khryslerkid

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:18 AM
Reaction score
A couple of days ago this add ended. Stated it was Sold.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/1962-Dodge-D...&_mwBanner=1&ul_noapp=true#vi__app-cvip-panel

s-l400 (4).jpg
s-l400 (3).jpg
s-l400 (2).jpg

20180112_124621.png
20180112_124844.png
20180112_124652.png

The next day this add pops up

https://m.ebay.com/itm/1962-Dodge-D...907376?hash=item5b428307b0:g:rJsAAOSwh21aU5Me

s-l400 (1).jpg
1998525-37-revo.jpg
1998525-35-revo.jpg

Same car. First add stated that it was originally a four door. This add leaves this fact out. Then the price difference! You don't know what to believe on Fleabay :realcrazy:

It's really weird. It's definitely the same car. The first seller has no selling history but has been a member since 2008. Also has a '62 part in his other items for sale. Two different locations one day it ends in one state, next day it's in a totally different one.

I reported both of them.

Aliens moved it. $15k looked like a good deal unless floors are crapola.

Scam. When it looks to good to be true it usual is. If you had 15 large in your pocket and had this car in front of you, went over it from one end to another, paperwork in order then maybe. E-bay? Never.

First auction was listed as a private seller, new auction is listed as a dealer. Probably a dealer bought it, and is flipping it.

First auction was listed as a private seller, new auction is listed as a dealer. Probably a dealer bought it, and is flipping it.
That is what I think happened also.

I like the looks of it before 'restoration'.

I think legally, in your state (NJ) it would have to be titled as a remanufactured vehicle. I Know when I lived there 30 years ago, that was the law.

Not necessarrliy. Value is determined what someone will pay for it.
A couple of months ago, there was an auction of high dollar items (not auto), and all the pundits/experts, said one particular item was worth a little over 1 million. It sold for almost twice that amount. Several bidders were willing to pay the price. So what was the value?

Auto Transport Service
Back