• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shocked by this sale. 1970 Coronet R/T HEMI clone

DynaBro

Local time
11:46 AM
Reaction score

IMG_4567.png

Gorgeous car. Never posted fender tag. Never had the info in hand. Sold for cash BIN price. Claims email box was overrun with buyers who wanted to pay check or whatever and he’s cash only. Is this the market now? $150k for a HEMI clone without even verifying if it was even an RT?

IMG_4568.png

IMG_4569.png

Looks nice.

I'd be inclined to call it a replica, not a clone. I know, splitting hairs.

Withdrawn by seller could mean he didn't sell.....and realised after all the commotion that he had under-priced from the start?

Withdrawn by seller could mean he didn't sell.....and realised after all the commotion that he had under-priced from the start?
I’m repeating what he told me. He may have misspoke and meant he sold for reserve. Sometimes they’ll tell you what it is if you contact them. The listing said reserve was set to a buyer friendly level. I don’t know. He told me he old it for asking price and the BIN was $150k.

Huh? I swore it said $150. I remember yelling across the house “hey can you believe this???”
Clink on the Ebay link... it's still there. 50K start, no bids, 125K buy it now. Ends and then he contacts everyone trying to get it sold and beat the price up without paying Ebay any fees... happens every day.

Clink on the Ebay link... it's still there. 50K start, no bids, 125K buy it now. Ends and then he contacts everyone trying to get it sold and beat the price up without paying Ebay any fees... happens every day.
Will someone just sell me my dream car for a reasonable price? Is that too much to ask? :( I’ve been watching the market like a hawk for 6 years and the year I finally get ready to pull the trigger this insane price hike and scarcity happens.

Fir anyone who was interested still.

WS23:
Dodge Coronet,Charger
Special, R/T
2 Door Hardtop

U0A: 440 375HP 1-4BBL 8 CYL
Lynch Road, MI, USA

120962: Sequence number

E86: 440 cid 4 barrel V8 (High Performance) 375hp
D21: 4 Speed Manual Transmission
EV2: Hemi Orange (Dodge), Tor-Red (Plymouth) Exterior Color
D6X9: Trim - Luxury, Vinyl Bucket Seats, Black
TX9: Black (Dodge), Black Velvet (Plymouth), Formal Black (Chrysler & Imperial) Int. Door Frames
911: Build Date: September 11
: Order number

EV2: Hemi Orange (Dodge), Tor-Red (Plymouth) Top Color
V8X: Tranverse Stripes, Black

26: 26in Radiator
unnamed.jpg

For posterity:

VIN: WS23U0A120962

Auto Transport Service
Back