• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whats wrong with kids today?

Superb Bee

Reaction score
http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/...-Person-of-Interest-Identified-410643135.html

My son played football with the boy who did the stabbing, when they were younger, he wasn't personal friends with him, they were with different crowds. BUT what is wrong with these kids? I don't get it, its like they don't think 5 minutes a head, I am not saying I was a rocket surgeon when I was 18 but I wasn't stabbing my friends. How do they justify this in their brains? Ruins two families with one decision...

Makes me thankful for my kids, they are also dumb as a box of uncut keys, but I can't imagine them hurting anyone. My 18 year old will surprise you with thoughtlessness, like 5 minutes before we leave for his aunts wedding he is wearing a grey suit and he decides its a good time to move a set of greasy cylinder heads into the shop after I told him to do it for 2 days, I was fine letting him go to the wedding with a combustion chamber stain on his shirt but my wife made us stop and buy him a new one...

You have not figured out yet at that age they know more than you do? It will take a few more years for them to dumb down and become adults.
As to the other lack of parents and community. They are your kids, you are not supposed to be their baby sitter or their best freind but their parent. Some parents do not get it. It takes a family and community to raise a kid.

Spare the rod, **** up the Child. Lack of discipline I think is the largest contributing factor to out of control, no morales, contemporary youth. People having children that have no business having children is the problem with kids today.

Spare the rod, **** up the Child. Lack of discipline I think is the largest contributing factor to out of control, no morales, contemporary youth. People having children that have no business having children is the problem with kids today.
------this ! ------------you can almost always look at the way they were raised, or not raised, READ, parents or lack of .

It starts at a young age when everything they do is "cute" and "precious". I know everybody here has had a situation like this, we went into a restaurant yesterday evening where a family a couple of booths away had a 2-3 year old boy that was standing up in the seat SCREAMING his head off. He wasn't crying, just screaming and squealing. After catching daddy's eye a few times and the kid still acting up, I said loud enough for them to hear, "shut up". They finally had him sit down and be quiet, but of course I was the rude one as the mother pointed out to me as they left, not at all getting that letting her son disrupt everybody's meal might be considered rude. I'll admit that I probably should have said something to the manager, but I didn't. Mommy asked us if we had any children, we said yes but we didn't let him stand on the seats at restaurants let alone scream his head off. So now I'm the gray haired old prick that upset their little darling as he was just expressing himself. (Rant over)

Sometimes it's just a bad seed. I know good families with kids grown up to be solid adults yet one child seems to slip through the cracks and become a nightmare.

It starts at a young age when everything they do is "cute" and "precious". I know everybody here has had a situation like this, we went into a restaurant yesterday evening where a family a couple of booths away had a 2-3 year old boy that was standing up in the seat SCREAMING his head off. He wasn't crying, just screaming and squealing. After catching daddy's eye a few times and the kid still acting up, I said loud enough for them to hear, "shut up". They finally had him sit down and be quiet, but of course I was the rude one as the mother pointed out to me as they left, not at all getting that letting her son disrupt everybody's meal might be considered rude. I'll admit that I probably should have said something to the manager, but I didn't. Mommy asked us if we had any children, we said yes but we didn't let him stand on the seats at restaurants let alone scream his head off. So now I'm the gray haired old prick that upset their little darling as he was just expressing himself. (Rant over)
A Well justified rant. The restaurant thing is a big deal with me.....I get livid when parents let their kids act out without attempting to quell the action. Some people act self righteous about being parents & that it it's everyone's problem to tolerate their out of hand children. Meanwhile I've spent 50 bux to enjoy food in a nice atmosphere, and it goes to hell. Good for You for calling the spade out & giving the 'adults' something to think about.

Sometimes it's just a bad seed. I know good families with kids grown up to be solid adults yet one child seems to slip through the cracks and become a nightmare.
It's only when the parents make no attempts to quiet their offspring in public that I become unreasonable.......got me a free dinner one night.

We raised 5 kids they went out to eat once a week with us while growing up and never acted that way.
They were always amazed other kids could act that way in public.

I'm not much older than those kids. Sucks the situation played out that way for all the families involved.

I think I may be one of the younger members here by how I'm perceiving other replies. Yes some of the the millennial generation children are self righteous, self absorbed, entitled and etc. That is not all of us though. Some of us had to grow up in real households with real parents, whom gave us real responsibilities.

Lets not act like the millennial generation and their way of thinking is not a learned behavior though. They had to get self righteous thoughts, the perceived self entitlement and lack of responsibilites from somewhere right? Maybe from their parents whom taught them to be that way? So I think there is blame to go to multiple generations for the mess we are in.

I just hope I can raise my kids to have at least 2 beans in their head by the time they are 18.

End rant.

parents ..lack of I should say ...they screw these kids up and then turn them loose on the world and wonder what went wrong ..thank God this little one in my avatar has parents who are and will be totally involved, as their parents were ..we were blessed with a great daughter and we worked hard to keep her that way..I'm very proud of her and tell her often

Last edited:
My wife and I just brought in siblings (brother and sister) to adopt and have a whole new perspective. These adorable kids were failed by their parents, an uncle, an aunt and then an adoptive family so you can imagine the abandonment and behavior issues all because nobody would man up and take responsibility for them. Just keep in mind next time a kid acts up at a restaurant it might be me lol. BTW My kids are very well behaved in public.:thumbsup:

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/...-Person-of-Interest-Identified-410643135.html

My son played football with the boy who did the stabbing, when they were younger, he wasn't personal friends with him, they were with different crowds. BUT what is wrong with these kids? I don't get it, its like they don't think 5 minutes a head, I am not saying I was a rocket surgeon when I was 18 but I wasn't stabbing my friends. How do they justify this in their brains? Ruins two families with one decision...

Makes me thankful for my kids, they are also dumb as a box of uncut keys, but I can't imagine them hurting anyone. My 18 year old will surprise you with thoughtlessness, like 5 minutes before we leave for his aunts wedding he is wearing a grey suit and he decides its a good time to move a set of greasy cylinder heads into the shop after I told him to do it for 2 days, I was fine letting him go to the wedding with a combustion chamber stain on his shirt but my wife made us stop and buy him a new one...
Palm slap to the back of the head and I wouldn't have stopped to buy a new shirt. That's another thing kids pick up on....it's like if I screw this up, mommy will come to my rescue. Yeah, I know it's not easy dealing with the wife but that can be settled out later. If she's embarrassed about the dirty shirt, she can sit somewhere else :D

I agree 100% that it all stems from the parents or the lack of parents. In this politically correct world we live in we can hardly say anything with out offending someone.
BS!! Right will always be right and wrong will always be wrong. We raised 5 kids and I'm proud of them all. Don't take me wrong they were no saints growing up, but like it or not, if they acted up, I had the back room discussion with them and my wife didn't interfere. One or two of these high level meetings and a look from Dad or Mom put an end to the disturbance. We were not mean or nagging and once the meeting was over it was never mentioned again.
WE!!!!!! as parents have an obligation to raise our children to be good citizens. No one else. It doesn't have to be hard, it just has to be!!

My dad just had to unbuckle his belt and I knew I crossed the line so I stopped what ever it was that was pissing him off. These days kids would report you for child abuse and you'd have to explain it to some twit from children's aid. I blame the age of libetarian infuence on the softening of parenting.

My Dad always said "Dont act like a Asshole" so i was always rasied with how to have manners and how to be polite.
Some parents are way to strict and mean and It makes their kids carry resentment and want to act out but alot of parents are to soft, sensitive and dont teach them Self-Discipline or Discipline them when they are acting Badly. Or even Teach them in anything in General. They just buy them off with electronics and Phones that they bury their stupid faces in all day long And then their kids become Spoiled rotten and incredibly ignorant because of it. My Dad taught me a life lesson or something about History every day almost and made me Aware of things. You just have to raise a Child with alot Love and knowledge and that is Something parents just dont quite know how to do anymore.

I only have one thing to say....

A good *** whoopin and I straightened up immediately. Didn't take very many.

There's your problem, no *** whoopin any more.

A Well justified rant. The restaurant thing is a big deal with me.....I get livid when parents let their kids act out without attempting to quell the action. Some people act self righteous about being parents & that it it's everyone's problem to tolerate their out of hand children. Meanwhile I've spent 50 bux to enjoy food in a nice atmosphere, and it goes to hell. Good for You for calling the spade out & giving the 'adults' something to think about.
One of my first memories. I was maybe 3. I was with my parents in a department store. I wanted something, threw a fit when told no. My dad took me out to the parking lot and bear my *** till his hand hurt. Never happened again.
There are too many people who don't discipline their kids. Some of it is because they are afraid that the damn government will put their nose where it doesn't belong.

As far as blaming this on drugs. Blaming drugs is no different than blaming guns. And even worse when it was just over some pot. It wasn't about the pot but the money. And you're right I find it hard to beleive that the moron thought he would get away with it. Not only are kids undisciplined, they seem to be exceptionally stupid.
I know not all of them. It does seem to be trending that way.

Last I knew ***-woppen was still allowed just do not create any brusing in the process. But does not that defeat the purpose. If it hurts to sit for awhile they remember it longer. There is a difference between discipline and abuse.

Back