• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whats your opinion?

project62

Local time
6:49 PM
Reaction score
Mancini Racing vs. Summit Racing and Classic Industries.(1962 Plymouth Savoy)
Looking for:
complete front end rebuild kit
Front Disc Brakes
Engine rebuild kit
Wiring harness
Wheels and tires
May need to rebuild rearend and a whole lot more.
Looking for best prices

Mancinni for some things
I use Mancinni for certain items that are not available from Summitt

I use all 3 pretty regularly. Mancini for harder to find parts (although their selection range is fairly limited), Classic for that year plymouth body/decor restoration parts, summit for everything else.

I always google what I am looking for and various suppliers will come up and then I compare all things including reputation, price and shipping etc. Good luck

I've used Summit for as much as I can. I like their customer service, pricing and website. The others for things I can't find on Summit.

X2

If you can find it on Summit and reach $100 it ships free. I get my orders in 2 days from NV. I have ordered from Mancini before but for stuff I couldn't track down elsewhere (such as correct rear end u bolts).

Summit x3 then classic then WHOEVER is got it right,Price accuracy,etc.
Good Luck, I'll be in the same boat again in a few weeks with my '65 Satellite ,
I'll be posting pics to keep up to date!

As much as I like to save money and use the aforementioned vendors, I also like to spread the wealth among the many independent sellers who also keep our hobby going, albeit on a smaller scale. Kramer, Kanter, Joe Suchy, Restoration Specialties, Tony's parts and I'll post a few more that I have used over the years as soon as I get to my home computer. These are the ones I remember off the top of my head. Also check out the swap meet area here. http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.com/welcome.html

Summit gets first shot due to their ease of finding parts on line and their awesome no questions asked return policy.
Classic gets my vote for interior parts and some trim.
Sometimes Mancini has something the others don't, but it's their shipping is slow and return policy not as easy as summit.

A few times I use other guys that have specialty items.
Firm Feel all the way for suspension items.

Choosing your parts purely by price on some things is OK, when like say comparing same quality brand parts.

But on things like front disc brake conversion kits, it's risky as parts and outcome quality is all over the place. You need to consider way more than just price!

My opinion -

complete front end rebuild kit - Summit
Front Disc Brakes - DrDiff or Ramman
Engine rebuild kit - Summit
Wiring harness - no idea
Wheels and tires - Summit
May need to rebuild rearend and a whole lot more. - Summit or DrDiff

Summit has free shipping, Year one has great sales pretty often and a great return policy & customer service. Mancini & Classic are OK but rape you on shipping. A smaller company I have found is Mega Parts. Smaller co. but very nice, quick & reasonable shipping.

Firm Feel not bad on pricing. Have you ever heard of P-S-T.com? Is their stuff any good?

Summit but I'm an hour away from them too, never had a bad experience and usually can find all I need at good prices. I'd check into PST as well for front end parts.... they are an FBBO sponsor that gives members discounts.

I'll add one to the list... Amazon. I'm a prime member, so almost anything ships 2 day shipping for free. Summit and Jegs both sell through Amazon, though prime shipping is not available on big heavy car parts.

I use Jegs as much as possible,Also get a discount for having an NHRA licence.Besides,he's in a MOPAR!! I also like to support the long haulers too. Saw Joe and his wife in Chrysler Carlisle and bought a dash pad for my 63.

You will find with Summit and Jegs that if you type in your car year,make and model all kind of parts will pop up that can be used on your car.I find things that I never knew that was available thru them.

How do you receive discount when you buy through pst for being an FBBO member?
Summit but I'm an hour away from them too, never had a bad experience and usually can find all I need at good prices. I'd check into PST as well for front end parts.... they are an FBBO sponsor that gives members discounts.

Auto Transport Service
Back