• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wheel dollies

I haven't done anything yet, but I'm a big proponent of the old saying "you get what you pay for" and from what I see here & doing research on my own, no one has a bad thing to say about the quality of Go-Jacks. Now I just got to find out who's got the best price on them.

I just looked at the price of the GoJacks on ebay......you would have to have extra money that you had absolutely nothing better to do with to buy those. Lets face it, they are nice, pricey, sexy, will hold you project with no problem, and are pinkish....now look at the cheap *** harbor freight dollies, they are nice, not quite as sexy, will hold your project with no problem, and come painted in black.

My car sat on the cheapies for 5ish years, they did the job, my dads e-body has sat on the cheapies for 10 plus years and are doing the job just fine. So when people complain of the cheapies being not of the quality of the GoJacks, gotta ask yourself, will the cheapies do what ya need and could you use the extra money on your project? Lets face it, the car is just gonna be rolled around and the cheapies will do that just fine.

I see your point, but you should consider how many times you are going to jack up and let down the vehicle. If you use them regularly, then go jacks seem like the way to go. I have no experience with them yet but will grab some soon. I might wait until Carlilse, I think I've seen them there before. For some, like me, I will be using them all the time to move vehicles around. The simple wheel dollies would work just fine, but you have the extra step of using a floor jack. Again not a big deal unless you will be swapping them around on a regular basis. I was hoping to ride on the coattails of Dickie, please let me know where you found them. Found them a couple of times on Cragslist.

I haven't done anything yet, but I'm a big proponent of the old saying "you get what you pay for" and from what I see here & doing research on my own, no one has a bad thing to say about the quality of Go-Jacks. Now I just got to find out who's got the best price on them.

I don't know who has the best prices, my girls got mine from Summit Racing, Damn now I want a set of the "back yard buddy/easy access" {$269-$389} ones now, my son in law has my "go jacks" at the moment for his current project... since my car runs & drives I loaned them to him... I like the concept of ability in moving my car up on the jack stands... what the hell I can't take it with me... did I mention I like tools & gadgets...LOL... I'm broke as hell, at the moment, but I will get some or possibly make some maybe in the future...

- - - Updated - - -

Harbor Freight has something very similar to the "go jacks" hydraulic dolly jacks {probably Chinese made}, probably 1/2 or less the price... don't know the actual price, part #'s or origin of build either

Attachments

• Back Yard Buddy Easy Access car-dolly system.jpg
    Back Yard Buddy Easy Access car-dolly system.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 283
  • Harbor Frieght Dolly jacks.gif
    Harbor Frieght Dolly jacks.gif
    24.7 KB · Views: 296
Dont get me wrong, I like the gojacks, but since I have a 3 ton floor jack I could not justify the expense.....but if your using them to move alot cars around then I could see getting them.

Have you made a purchase yet Richard? If so where, what, and what price?

I have 2 sets (2 cars worth) of the cheapie HF dollies. Total junk. They have cheap single post swivel p.o.s. caster. I changed mine out to a four bolt plate mount caster, much better for moving the cars around now. I also welded 1" square tubing across the tops of mine for extra support because I did have a couple bend when you hit the expansion joint cracks in the concrete. My other Charger is on a set now.

Auto Transport Service
Back