• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB Wheel Switch that dims/lights Dome/dash lights 68 GTX

Status
Not open for further replies.

GetX'd

Making Life Great Again!
Local time
10:20 AM
Reaction score
I'm searching for the wheel switch that mounts on the dash panel. It's for turning on the dome light and for dimming the instrument panel lights. The car is a 68 GTX, but is interchangeable with a RR, Satellite, probably a Charger, Corenet, other 68 - 70 model cars Plymouth or Dodge.

If you have an extra one, or know where I can get one pls let me know. Questions pls advise.

Thx - Kevin

No one has one available or knows where I can get one for a reasonable price??
How about rebuilt?

Thx - Kevin

Get your wallet. Good luck. It's like shopping for a grill or hood. I need one too and gave up when shopping. The dash lights go on just before the notch, unable to dim. That's how they are going to stay.

That's how mine are right now. The switch works but won't dim the dash or turn on the dome light. Hmmmm

I sent Dan a pm.. Haven't heard back.

Anyone else?

Been there done that, fellow '68 GTX owner. :)
There is a fellow who has been on ebay seemingly forever whose specialty is rebuilding these dimmer switches.
The things are basically new when he's done with them.

As you've found out no doubt (like I did), these switches are $$$ NOS and they're pretty much garbage used.
He gets around $150 for his and it's pretty much a lifetime deal warranty wise. EXCELLENT quality work.

When I got mine from him and installed it, every light on the car came alive like a Christmas tree!
Seems Ma Mopar used the dimmer switch as a junction point for a lot of lights on the car you wouldn't expect, like the side marker lights and such. It was a good day in the garage, that's for sure.
The guys' username on ebay is "devininsm" and he's an old school Mopar guy who knows his shiyat.
Here's an auction for one of his switches:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rebuilt-68-...tch-/252044359336?hash=item3aaf03b6a8&vxp=mtr

I took my original apart, cleaned, lubed it, and it has worked fine. You will have to drill out the rivots and replace them with screws. A guy over on dodgecharger.com did a nice write up on the process.

I'm pretty sure I have a nice one in the storage shop. If you guys can wait a few days I'll check as soon as I can. My wife had her lower back surgery a few days ago and all of my time has been spent visiting with her in the hospital.

Hopefully she will get to come home in a few days. After she does I can check for you. I'll post up some pictures when I can.

Thanks.

Been there done that, fellow '68 GTX owner. :)
There is a fellow who has been on ebay seemingly forever whose specialty is rebuilding these dimmer switches.
The things are basically new when he's done with them.

As you've found out no doubt (like I did), these switches are $$$ NOS and they're pretty much garbage used.
He gets around $150 for his and it's pretty much a lifetime deal warranty wise. EXCELLENT quality work.

When I got mine from him and installed it, every light on the car came alive like a Christmas tree!
Seems Ma Mopar used the dimmer switch as a junction point for a lot of lights on the car you wouldn't expect, like the side marker lights and such. It was a good day in the garage, that's for sure.
The guys' username on ebay is "devininsm" and he's an old school Mopar guy who knows his shiyat.
Here's an auction for one of his switches:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rebuilt-68-...tch-/252044359336?hash=item3aaf03b6a8&vxp=mtr

Thx Mopar Brother - I did plenty of looking around and found things pretty much as you say. I ended up purchasing a rebuilt switch from devininsm on eBay. I like the lifetime gaurentee given the fact theses switches seem to have a short lifespan. It's not cheap - but I want all my lights to work - and I found some others that were rebuilt and even more expensive. Such is life with these cars. Thx again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back