• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wheel Wednesday

I just got these mounted today. I didn’t realize they were Ansens until I cleaned them up a little.

3B3BC1AB-83B8-4140-9F0D-1412A5E564EA.jpeg
FD4BB64F-56A7-42C0-9D9A-A5556C9D0479.jpeg

Just wanted to mention that of all the wheels on cars in this thread, there was only one picture of the Keystone Rouge Wheel (pictured in entry 506 but not mentioned). It is very similar to the Keystone Classic but the part by the outer slotted section lacks the familiar key shape, very rare! I have never seen them on a real car. I am a slot head by default but I like these. Here is a pic of one of them:
Keystone Rouge.jpg

I almost forgot, the first wheels I bought were slotted steel wheels, some were pictured on this thread. I liked them & they were super easy to clean except one thing: The center section where the lugs go through was pretty much flat on the back & I always needed to put spacers behind them or cut off the drum brake balance weights. That resulted in some vibration upon braking sometimes or when installed on front, wheels needing re-alignment. I also had several sets of Cragar SS wheels but it didn't take long before the chrome started peeling off. I had the Keystone classics on several rides as well. I bought my 70 Challenger RT from a guy who had 8" Deep dish Keystone Classics on it with G-60 tires all the way around and they would hit the fenders. He went & spent big bucks on having the wheel wells all cut open, refinished & painted the whole sides of the car. Right after I bought it, I switched to 8 1/2" slots on the rear & 7" slots on the front. Both were factory offset. I was able to put H60 tires on front & N-50's on the rear. The rubber was almost 10" wide in front & 12" in the rear. I added a T/A Challenger spoiler on the deck & pro stock spoilers on front. When the guy saw the car after that he wanted to buy it back. He was driving an orange Vett then. Of course I refused. The Chally was factory Lime Lite colored & stood out like a proud sore thumb! Most of the damn wheels today are so freaking intricate, that they take longer to clean than to wash the whole damn car! Here's an old pic of my old pride & joy!

challenger1d-jpg.jpg
challenger1c-jpg.jpg

Had to BE LOUD & OBNOXIOUS didn't you 'mopes!!! Only way to be!!! Nice set-up!! Spoilers & lights nice touch. That's some old time plates too!

I appologize, "sometimes I offend myself,lol!" I did hit my head and shook something loose. In the pic above, I remembered the rears were "M-50" and the fronts were measley G-60's. I never saw the M-60 size a year later & I don't recall the brand. I wore them out pretty fast. The rear replacements were Pro-Trac N-50's & fronts if I recall were BF Goodrich H-60's, not sure. Looking at the the "Red Streak" or red stripe tires in post #624, reminds me of a Cheech & Chong bit where Cheech called somebody "Redfreak". Also, the Letters spelling out GTX reminds me of an old Mopar ad that said,(GTX, short for Addios)! Also, on the Challenger, I cut out plastic lenses from a ceiling grid light panel & mounted them in the hood scoops with yellow bulbs. At night counting the illuminated side marker lights, there was 12 lights on the nose of that car. It got lot's of attention in it's day. The amber headlight covers were a sight as well. The police LOVED me. I got pulled over by the NJ State Police 2 times and both of them complimented on the car. One asked how I liked it as his son wanted to buy one! You just didn't usually get that kind of reaction from law enforcement, but I was still scared shitless! :eek:

Last edited:
I remember seeing Keystone Klassics with gold center paint instead of the black. I saw them on a black Trans Am with the gold trim,and they really popped on that car.

Auto Transport Service
Back