• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where can I find a front end suspension kit under 300?

Najib

Local time
5:43 PM
Reaction score
So I need a front end kit I got break shields, shocks, rotors and calipers and pitman arm, I just need the rest of the front end like ball joints etc under 350 at least

So I need a front end kit I got break shields, shocks, rotors and calipers and pitman arm, I just need the rest of the front end like ball joints etc under 350 at least
I have been trying to look for front end kits for a while but Most are on back order

@PST can fix you up and you gwt 10% off for being a member here.
They have several kits, the super has everything, I think thats what they call it...

@PST can fix you up and you gwt 10% off for being a member here.
They have several kits, the super has everything, I think thats what they call it...
How can I buy from them

Time to rebuild the front end on Fred is very soon and I'm sure I'll do what I always do,
namely hunt down and use vintage (but new) parts to do so.
Given the price of NOS anymore, that probably means Moog parts from back when they
made the best.
I enjoy the hunt as much as the doing.

I doubt it's gotten better, but 16 yrs ago when I did my wagon, I initially went with a kit. Cost was a big factor, as well as time as my wagon was my driver at the time.

I honestly don't remember which company I bought the kit from, but it was one of the well known suspension companies.

First red flag, kit was to contain "quality name brand parts". I don't read Chinese, so I didn't recognize the 'name brand'.

Second red flag, the parts, particularly the ball joints, were physically lighter. By guesstimation, both new ball joints together weighed the same as one of the original stockers.

I went ahead and proceeded with the kit. About 10K miles of daily driving later, this kit was more wore out than the original components.

The good MOOG could still be had back then, so I pieced together everything I needed and redid the front AGAIN. These parts remain in the car to this day.

Me personally, would never consider a kit again. It may take longer to source individual pieces, but you have more control over wheat you're getting. If you have a show poodle that sees 10 miles a year driving on and off a trailer, then go with a kit, but for a truly driven car, piece meal is better.

Rockauto if cost is an issue. You will have to select various parts and add them to your cart. But they have really decent prices

https://www.rockauto.com

Skip the "BRAKE" shields unless you drive in mud frequently. They trap heat.

I have some new ones laying around anyhow
New or old, they still trap heat. How is that a good thing?
Short answer....It is NOT a good thing. Your brakes will perform better without them.

Short answer....It is NOT a good thing. Your brakes will perform better without them.

I got new ones I didn’t really think on that side, so I should just run without break shields?

PST has good stuff or you can piece one together with "name brand" parts from rockauto.

PST will have the "poly/graphite" bushings if you decide to go that way.

(note "poly/graphite" and "polyurethane" are NOT the same things)

Thanks guys I have narrowed it between rock auto and pst

www.p-s-t.com
Please let me know if you have any questions.
James From
PST
Thanks for jumping in here James.
Quick question - can you tell us the country of origin for PST stuff?
For example, the "Super" kit and the LCA kits?

Each specific kit can vary as well as the parts within them. We have parts made here as well as overseas. Many of the manufacturers that we use we have worked with for over 35 years. In many cases we use some of the very same manufactures that proforged, trw and rare parts use. All products that we offer carry a lifetime limited warranty for as long as you own your vehicle against material and manufacturers defect. If you do a search of this site you will find many members of this forum that we used our products on many of there restorations.

Thanks
James From
PST

I used all PST parts, the super one for my 74 Charger... seemed like high quality stuff. In my honest opinion, Rockauto sells different "quality" parts, you have to research what you are buying. Sometimes its a crap shoot.

Isn't the purpose of those shields and why they are used even on new cars today to deflect the brake heat from the engine compartment as well as dust and rocks? The rotors have vents to cool off as it spins... shrug, that's my understanding of their purpose. Not so much for dust or to keep them clean, but to deflect heat outwards.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back