• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

where did it come from??

pwDave

Local time
5:00 AM
Reaction score
Hello to all of you other B-body freaks, I own and have owned a 1964 ply belvedere since 2-13-75. I am the third owner, I am almost sure the car came from a dealer in Indy somewhere. the old car was optioned oddly though, radio delete, single speed wipers, no back-up lights, bench seat, two door sedan, 4.56 sure grip, and a 426-365 hp, 4 speed. when I got the car there was holes in the dash that were odd. I aquired a tach later that turned out to be one of those dealer installed tachs that the factory sent in the trunk. the holes in the tach base plate lined up with the holes in the dash! mystery solved. I am in process of building a 509 RB to go in the old girl, and I was wondering what the engine came from, I took it out of something, but for the life of me I can't remember what, thought one of you fine fellows would enlighten me. cast-3-13-76, casting no. 4006630-440-2, pad on pan rail says 7C116462, probably a nyer or imp, I was just curious, as I couldn't remember. I'll be back later to ask someone about my build. pwDave. 1958 flat fender power wagon, 2001 cummins dually, 1985 5th ave, and my baby, my 1964 plymouth

..... the old car was optioned oddly though, radio delete, single speed wipers, no back-up lights, bench seat, two door sedan, 4.56 sure grip, and a 426-365 hp, 4 speed. ....pad on pan rail says 7C116462, probably a nyer or imp,

Nothing odd about it at all.

A common belief (apparently) is that radios were standard and could be deleted. Radios were optional so no 'radio delete'. This car just wasn't ordered with a radio.
Single speed wipers- standard
backup lights were optional.
bench seat- standard in low trim car
4:56 - obviously added
426-4 speed - was available in the sedan so certainly possible.

Sound to me someone ordered a low trim 426-4 speed as a race car.

The VIN on the block tells us it did come from a 77 C body

Welcome aboard! Just how would have optioned that baby.

Hello to all of you other B-body freaks, I own and have owned a 1964 ply belvedere since 2-13-75. I am the third owner, I am almost sure the car came from a dealer in Indy somewhere. the old car was optioned oddly though, radio delete, single speed wipers, no back-up lights, bench seat, two door sedan, 4.56 sure grip, and a 426-365 hp, 4 speed. when I got the car there was holes in the dash that were odd. I aquired a tach later that turned out to be one of those dealer installed tachs that the factory sent in the trunk. the holes in the tach base plate lined up with the holes in the dash! mystery solved. I am in process of building a 509 RB to go in the old girl, and I was wondering what the engine came from, I took it out of something, but for the life of me I can't remember what, thought one of you fine fellows would enlighten me. cast-3-13-76, casting no. 4006630-440-2, pad on pan rail says 7C116462, probably a nyer or imp, I was just curious, as I couldn't remember. I'll be back later to ask someone about my build. pwDave. 1958 flat fender power wagon, 2001 cummins dually, 1985 5th ave, and my baby, my 1964 plymouth

Welcome ..... but may I ask a question? If you own a 64 with the hemi- 4spd and 4.56 gears....WHY would you need a radio?

where did it come from

The 365 hp 426 was wedge engine, but you're right about the radio, had one for about a week, just more weght it didn't need!
Welcome ..... but may I ask a question? If you own a 64 with the hemi- 4spd and 4.56 gears....WHY would you need a radio?

You come to the same conclusion I did when galen ran the numbers for me years ago, some body bought this car to thump some 09ers and side oilers in and around indy, the fender that was on the car when I got it had a hole punched in it for the anntenane, pretty much of a mess, plus the motor was an early 413 w/ the long crank flange(1/2 inch nuts between the bell and block). the engines this car has seen are, 426,413,440,440,426hemi,440, and the present build a 509RB, old girl has had an interesting life. thanks for the info, although I still don't remember what it came out of. on an interesting side note, this is the car I taught my wyfe to drive with 41 years ago, 440 4sp, tunnel ram 2x4 4.10s, just told her if it bug jumps a little bit, stomp the gas pedal, it'll stop!! and yes, I still have both. thanks Dave

Auto Transport Service
Back